`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you acquire cards for trade?

How do you acquire cards for trade?
I am curious how people acquire cards for trade. Do you buy boxes and list the cards you do not want to keep? Do you buy singles that you think will trade easily for cards you may want later? What has worked well for you?

Appreciate any responses.

RE: How do you acquire cards for trade?
Either way. If you enjoy the excitement of opening boxes, that's a great way to have fun and build a collection and have substantial cards for trade. Buying cards one by one is probably more cost effective unless you have great luck and your box breaks go well. If your buying singles your likely to have a great deal less available to trade. Myself, I do both. I love breaking cases open. It's addictive.

Everybody is different but I usually break boxes and trade what I don't want to keep, I also list my entire personal collection for trade as well though, just in case the right deal pops up. I know some traders here trade for other trade bait to trade again down the road.

I usually buy boxes as well, but if I see a card some needs or post he is looking for I keep my eyes open and if someone is looking for a particular card
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Currently I only buy singles... I used to rip boxes and trade the unwanted. The cards I'm buying though, are basically cards I want and like, but will trade them if someone has something for my PC.

If someone wants a card that I have, but don't have any of my PC players, I'll look to see if they have other singles that will maybe upgrade my trade bait down the road.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(01-24-2015, 04:54 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: It's addictive.
The understatement of 2015 thus far.

I also do both, crack boxes / cases. Will buy singles for the right price or if I know someone's looking for a single and they have a card I want, I'll buy to trade.

I get my cards for trade by opening boxes/packs. Anything I buy individually is usually for PC. Once in a while I'll pick up cards in a lot pull PC stuff and then put the rest up for trade, but that's pretty rare.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-24-2015, 05:14 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: The understatement of 2015 thus far.

I also do both, crack boxes / cases. Will buy singles for the right price or if I know someone's looking for a single and they have a card I want, I'll buy to trade.
You getting any Tribute? I have a case reserved so far.

(01-24-2015, 05:48 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: You getting any Tribute? I have a case reserved so far.
I'll get some. Not sure how much yet. When is the release date?

(01-24-2015, 06:02 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I'll get some. Not sure how much yet. When is the release date?
I want to say its February 17th or so. But you know how that's going to go.