`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini Prizm

Panini Prizm
Has anyone had any luck with Panini Prizm in the past years? I just got back into collecting and I bought a booster with 3 packs and a 3 card red white and blue pulser and I got burnt lol nothing but duds, I wasn't expecting much but Walmart said it was 6 bucks and it actually cost 10, I just want to know if the set is worth buying because the cards themselves were pretty cool looking and seemed of good quality.

RE: Panini Prizm
Prizm has taken over the role of Topps Chrome, it seems. Despite the increase of parallels and the reduction of guaranteed hits, it's still one product that can have huge hits (single cards paying for near the price of an entire case).

I did pretty well with 5 boxes of 2013-14, but I hit well above the odds with my auto pulls (5 boxes got me a Nick Van Exel gold /10, Kobe Prizm auto /25, Lillard and Penny autos)

I've picked up quite a bit of 2012-13 Prizm and haven't hit anything spectacular, but it has seen a resurgence in popularity in the last couple months and singles/box prices are going back up with some of them (Anthony Davis RC) having doubled in the past month.

As long as Panini doesn't completely trash the product in the future, I'd expect to keep seeing it (which makes it a better set to collect than one of the more gimmicky product lines whose popularity will fade away).

I haven't touched 2014-15 Prizm--too many parallels, same price as previous years with half the hits.

Hope that answers your question.
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

The first year it came out I bought 6 boxes from different places and I KILLED IT!!! I got 4 gold cards /10, a Kobe auto, and 2 Kyrie autos.
The next year I hit NOTHING!!
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

The hanger or rack packs (as they're called) that you mentioned have 3 regular packs and a pack of 3 Red/White/Blue Mosaic cards. They should be $9.99, but I have seen the rack that they use at Walmart mislabeled as $5.99. This was probably just a case of the rack not being updated with a new pricing sticker when a new product was put on it, which is one reason I don't trust pricing at Walmart unless it's on the product itself. I will say that if the rack packs were $5.99 each I would be buying them all up. I did really good with the rack packs from 2013-14 Prizm (as the Red/White/Blue Mosaics were highly collected last year), but I have only bought 1 or 2 racks of 2014-15 Prizm. I agree that Prizm really overdid the number of parallels this year, but it seems to be the trend amongst Prizm and Topps Chrome to add as many colors and variations to the refractor/prizm scheme.

As for deciding if something is worth buying, it really comes down to why you are buying it. If you are wanting to keep the cards and put together the set than keep buying. However if you are looking to make money and want to buy packs with a good chance of selling the cards for profit then you may want to reconsider as their are very few products that you will be able to regularly do that with.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks everyone yeah I thought of topps chrome as soon as I looked at the cards, I have purchased topps chrome in years. But I did like the prizm cards look but yeah it just seemed like too many parallels same with prestige. This was my first time buying prizm and I only bought the 3 pack rack pack and I didn't want to give up on it. I mainly just want to get some Jabari Parker and wiggins rc from this year. I think I might buy more prizm or prestige when I'm at stores and save money and order some high end boxes off the Internet.