`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini expired redemptions

Panini expired redemptions
i haven't been on this forum for awhile, but was just wondering because i've heard that panini still accepts expired redemptions. i pulled a 2012 contenders kyrie irving auto rookie #250 (i'll be honest, i was actually looking for anthony davis)...but it was a redemption. so i just submitted it at panini's website. they accepted it, but i'm wondering whether they will actually fulfill it? anyone receive any expired redemption cards from panini lately?

i also have a demarco murray 2011 contenders auto that was expired when i submitted it, but have been waiting 4 months for it.

RE: Panini expired redemptions
(01-22-2015, 12:57 AM)kstjst Wrote: i haven't been on this forum for awhile, but was just wondering because i've heard that panini still accepts expired redemptions. i pulled a 2012 contenders kyrie irving auto rookie #250 (i'll be honest, i was actually looking for anthony davis)...but it was a redemption. so i just submitted it at panini's website. they accepted it, but i'm wondering whether they will actually fulfill it? anyone receive any expired redemption cards from panini lately?

i also have a demarco murray 2011 contenders auto that was expired when i submitted it, but have been waiting 4 months for it.
I've got 2 recent one (thanks Dominic Smile ) and 6 old redemptions that have been brewing for more than 6 months ... Maybe longer. No action. I see the newest panini cards have the point system redemption in place. I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Or a bad thing, but I kinda hate redemptions in the first place. Giving up that for shopping for your own card? Not liking that much more ... I guess I still like the randomness of getting someone vs. saving up points. The only positive is that the points are NOT going to expire. I think unexpiring redemptions would be the answer, and requesting a replacement after 4-5 months is still the better solution.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yeah they do fill expired redemptions. I have gone through this as well and did received my cards. I was told it just depends on if the card is still in stock, but if they weren't in stock or were never returned by the players, they will do a replacement on them.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

thanks DrMitchJ and TBarn291...for always sharing your experiences...

i'm not sure about the point system, only time will really tell...

(01-22-2015, 08:11 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I see the newest panini cards have the point system redemption in place. I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Or a bad thing, but I kinda hate redemptions in the first place.

i just wished the card companies would keep track of redemptions and contact me with a list of possible replacements to choose from instead of me submitting another request that will sit there for a few more months before any action is taken.
(01-22-2015, 09:36 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Yeah they do fill expired redemptions. I have gone through this as well and did received my cards. I was told it just depends on if the card is still in stock, but if they weren't in stock or were never returned by the players, they will do a replacement on them.

(01-24-2015, 11:59 PM)kstjst Wrote: thanks DrMitchJ and TBarn291...for always sharing your experiences...

i'm not sure about the point system, only time will really tell...

i just wished the card companies would keep track of redemptions and contact me with a list of possible replacements to choose from instead of me submitting another request that will sit there for a few more months before any action is taken.

I cannot swear that this will work, but it did for me. I contacted David Sharp about mine, and while in most cases you won't be able to pick your replacement, you can tell him players/teams you are interested in and he does his best to get something that fits the criteria. They replace at book value. I probably have 1000 complaints about Paninis redemption system, but at least they will actually accept an expired redemption.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Hopefully they'll fulfill your expired redemptions. I'd be thrilled if they fulfilled my open redemptions that I've been waiting over four years to receive...