`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classics, can you say 2 new Hall of Famers?

Classics, can you say 2 new Hall of Famers?
Stopped by Nick's Sport Cards in Dallas as I was one of the winners in their weekly drawing. Their employee, Jim, had picked out a pack of SPGU hockey that I wanted so I get ready to pay and with my $50.00 credit from the drawing the bill came to $83.00

If you spend $100. you get a ticket for drawing the store has every six months for an autographed jersey, so being $17.00 short, why not pick up some packs to get over the $100 threshold.

I decide on Classics, three packs gets me over the $100 deal but I end up taking five packs.

Pack one base and insert

Pack two: Pujols jersey

Pack three base and insert

Pack four: base and insert

Pack five when I rip into it I see there are what I think might be a hit a filler as you can see two "thicker" cards.

Push the top card off and I am looking at the back of card. I see the name Smoltz. Thinking I hit another jersey card, I push away the Smoltz and instead of a white filler I see the name Martinez as in Pedro.

Okay two jersey cards of new Hall of Famers is nice. Flip the cards over what I got was a SURPRISE!

This is what I see:

4/10

[Image: 1-17-15019.jpg]

Next the Martinez

7/10

[Image: 1-17-15018.jpg]

Pretty nice pack you might say and the Pedro scanned weird, there is nothing wrong with the card.

Good luck with your breaks

RE: Classics, can you say 2 new Hall of Famers?
Very nice.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Don't think you could of pulled these at a better time. Congrats
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Those are awesome looking cards! Congrats on the great hits....doesn't come better than that. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

very nice!

Beautiful cards man. Congratulations.

WOW! Nice pulls! If you pulled any inserts I may be able to use them for my set if they are ft. ThanksSmile

Damn that's a nice pull!!! Congrats Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Two great players to pull, congrats.

Congrats, those 2 hits definitely were worth the cost of spending a little extra to get a contest entry. It will be even sweeter if you win the contest as well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/