`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twinsfest this coming weekend! Anybody from the MN area attending?

Twinsfest this coming weekend! Anybody from the MN area attending?
Good Evening,

Pretty excited to hit up Twinsfest at Target Field again this year. I know the Twins have been, well, let's just say below average to be nice, but I look forward to it every year.

My plan is simple as always...try to add a few key autographs to the collection and enjoy the feeling that spring training is just around the corner! My #1 target this year is to get the authentic Joe Mauer jersey I have signed to eventually get framed and put up in the man cave. In addition to the Mauer, I hope to get some of the new additions to the roster like Ervin Santana, etc.

The card show that they have with it is usually OK, but they had it in the bowels of Target Field last year and poor lighting caused it to be a very frustrating experience. Rumor has it this year that the card show will have fewer dealers which I'm sure will lead to overcrowding, etc.

Anybody on the boards that live in the Twin Cities or nearby going?

Happy Collecting,

Mark

RE: Twinsfest this coming weekend! Anybody from the MN area attending?
I had planned to, but I forgot the dates and made plans to go visit my baby nephew in South Dakota.

Not pumped to miss out on Tony O. and Carew signing together, but at least I've got a valid reason.

The other thing I think is pretty cool is that during most of Sano's signing times they've got him paired up with Molitor. Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but I it kind of drives home the idea that Molitor and the young guys have good relationships. Hopefully that means the stories are true and he's gonna be good for the guys coming up from the minors.
Kepler

Well....another TwinsFest for me is in the books. Was a good time as always although I will say I miss having it at the Metrodome for it was easier to get around to the autograph stations and the card show was much larger. However, onto the haul...

Joe Mauer Signed authentic jersey - he signed the back his road grey jersey at top of his #7 in silver sharpie...didn't think I had much of a chance as the lines waiting to get in were fairly long. I got in line around 3:15 (doors opened at 4:00) and by the time I got in his line I was #436 (they gave out tickets when you got in line to prevent people cutting in). Made it through the line fairly quickly because as Mauer was signing your item they took your item for Kent Hrbek and by the time Mauer was done, Hrbek was also. I have to give kudos to the Twins for getting as many people as possible through.

That was my #1 goal. Get the jersey signed and I would be happy. I was prepared for going through as many lines as possible with OMLB.

Other OMLB signed...(disclaimer: My #1 Twins focus is to get as many single-signed baseballs by former/current Twins players/coaches/GM's. The count before TwinsFest was around 175.)

Nick Gordon (SS - 2014 1st Round Pick)
Ervin Santana (SP) - Awesome signer. Very cordial and a nice signature.
Jordan Schafer (OF)
Paul Molitor (Manager)
Miguel Sano (3B) - (Twins Top Prospect)
Kurt Suzuki ©
Eduardo Escobar (Utility)
Tommy Millone (SP)
Glen Perkins (CP)
Eddie Rosario (Twins Top Prospect)
Gene Glynn (3B Coach)
Butch Davis (1B Coach)
Tim Stauffer (RP)
Eric Fryer ©
Kennys Vargas (1B)
JT Bruett (former OF)
Kohl Stewart (Twins P Prospect)
Kyle Gibson (SP)

The card/memorabilia show was pretty good. Lots of nice vintage cards from all years. It was interesting to see that there as a guy that paid several hundred dollars for a table to sit there and advertise that he buys old ticket stubs. From what I gather he is a HUGE Carlton Fisk fan and is trying to acquire a ticket stub from every game Fisk played in. I guess you have to put the word out somehow, but.... A friend of mine and I found a table that had a TON of vintage cards that were all priced very reasonable and I picked up a 1967 Ernie Banks (RIP, Mr. Cub) and my friend picked up two nice 1948 Bowman basketball cards.

**With Torii Hunter re-signing with the Twins, the lines for him were OUTRAGEOUS! Everyone I talked to that got his autograph said it was like he never left the organization. Welcome Back Torii!

What did they charge you for all those auto's?

(01-25-2015, 09:45 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: What did they charge you for all those auto's?
Mauer / Hrbek together was $35 and all others were grouped in 3-5 signers for anywhere from $10-$15.

Nick Gordon's line was only $5 which was a surprise.

Molitor and Sano together was $40.

Not bad at all. Was there any limitations as to what they would sign on?

(01-25-2015, 01:08 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Not bad at all. Was there any limitations as to what they would sign on?
Mauer wouldn't sign any game used bats I believe. Molitor was $30 extra if you wanted a bat signed. Carew wouldn't sign any game used (I believe).