Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about how to value 1/1's

Question about how to value 1/1's
Hello,
One of my sons opened up a pack of 2014 Gypsy Queen this weekend and managed to pull an Ubaldo Jimenez 1/1 Cyan printing plate. He was pretty pumped for having pulled something like that, and he wants to know how much its worth. Based on my limited research, I guessed around $40. Does anyone know how to put a value on these kinds of cards?

Thanks,
John

RE: Question about how to value 1/1's
Go to eBay, search 1/1 Ubaldo Jimenez cards and see what they've sold for. Not what they're being listed at, but completed sales. That should give you a rough idea.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Probably about $15, I'd guess.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

1st awesome for your son...congrats!!!! Take ZEPs' approach but look at similar stuff/players from the same brand. As with everything, stars will command more than "common" players. Also you may get a little premium if you get the right somebody who collects that player or plates in general (that's a maybe!!!!!). Your plate is probably more valuable in a trade (BV - book value) than selling it. Good luck and enjoy!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thank you all for the quick responses.

In an attempt to stay more on topic, my boys each got a box of 2014 Bowman Platinum for Christmas. My youngest's best pulls were a Miguel Sano auto relic (We're all big Twins fans), and a Bubba Starling 10/10 orange refractor.

My oldest son's best find was an Oscar Tavares auto.

Thanks again,
John