`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1957 Topps Mantle

1957 Topps Mantle
Hardest decision I've made in a long time. Decided to stop trying to complete my 1957 Topps set. I don't have the financial resources at this time and I would like to whittle down my collection as it stands and focus solely on Rookie cards.

First - let me ask the community what value this has and second, is anyone interested in trading/buying.

Thanks!
[Image: IMG_20150118_0001_zps423eef11.jpg][Image: IMG_20150118_0002_zps4d25325a.jpg]

RE: 1957 Topps Mantle
I'd put that card in the 1 - 1.5 (poor) range.

I think collecting sets is definitely cool, but you're right it can be very expensive (and time consuming) piecing a set together card by card. But I'm sure it has a tremendous amount of gratification when finished.
Around 2008, when I got back into collecting I was going back and forth trying to decide what I wanted to focus on. I was thinking about starting a 1955 or 56 set because I love the look of both years but I finally decided to collect low-mid grade vintage rookies and stars (and of course my precious Michael Jordan cards).

You dont have to quit all together bud. Just put it on the back burner. Your gonna kick yourself when you start coming across random '57s you would have needed.

I agree with HoFcollector. I've done the same in the past when $ was tight.