`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail Day, Trade Night

Mail Day, Trade Night
Picked up some nice new cards today, thanks to petillo64 for the Koufax and Gtbrian23 for the Greenberg, the rest I picked up in a big trade with my LCS at trade night tonight. Not sure what of the baseball will be available just yet, all the football stuff will be FT for comparable baseball. Also, anyone got tips on busting a PSA case? I only do graded Bowman Chrome cards, so the Koufax must be liberated...

[Image: mdtn1.jpg]
[Image: mdtn2.jpg]
[Image: mdtn3.jpg]
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Mail Day, Trade Night
You can check me on the Darvish and Mendez, glad you like the Greenberg!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Psa holders are easy. Stand the card upright and place a flathead screwdriver in the seam on top. Hit it with a hammer, not to hard, until it slips inside. Then twist the flat edge of the screwdriver. The plastic should pop apart.
SET NEEDS;
2012 tribute blue autos - need most
1995-98 football inserts

or u can trade the Koufax to me!! lol. nice stuff

Really nice Koufax. I wish I had something for the Darvish.

I take a pair of bull nose pliers and snap off a top corner then slide in a screwdriver or small flat bar and twist.

I love that Greenberg. Terrific pickup.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I decided to keep the Koufax in my PC in it's case for now, but I appreciate the tips.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Random question regarding the case busting. Given that PSA graded the card a 9, why would somebody want to bust the case open and pull it out? Wouldn't that mess up the ability to trade/sell it at the value it is capable of getting? Or, is this just a personal preference?

I'm still fairly new to all this, so if the answer is obvious here, I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding and thank the group for tolerating the question to begin with.

(01-09-2015, 04:33 PM)boxer4psi Wrote: Random question regarding the case busting. Given that PSA graded the card a 9, why would somebody want to bust the case open and pull it out? Wouldn't that mess up the ability to trade/sell it at the value it is capable of getting? Or, is this just a personal preference?

I'm still fairly new to all this, so if the answer is obvious here, I apologize in advance for my lack of understanding and thank the group for tolerating the question to begin with.
Personal preference... I used to not do any graded cards because they were awkward to store etc., and cracked a few 9's myself when I got a graded card for a steal on Ebay. Would probably hurt the resale a little bit, but not nearly as much as if it were a 10 etc... Be careful if you crack that, Simon! I miss it already!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint