`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need opinions on a redemption.

Need opinions on a redemption.
This past year I was lucky enough to pull a 2014 Topps Museum Auto Mystery redemption #1 Gold parallel. According to a few sites the card is suppose to be a Albert Pujols 500 HR auto. So far Topps website has been saying its "pending" since I redeemed it when Museum first came out. Was wondering what you all would do, wait or call Topps and ask for something comparable?
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Need opinions on a redemption.
I would call Topps..get the info and then call again and get different information...then...

Really..you are between and rock and a hard place..the redemption system is broken and deeply flawed...

Do not accept the excuses..keep at them and you may get faster service..

I would not accept a replacement at this time..even though it is approaching a year for the redemption as it a significantly rare card.

GOOD LUCK!!

Agree. Call and find out what's going on. Figure off season he should have signed by now.
Now if u ask for a replacement, they go by Beckett for value. When I asked for a glavine replacement, they sent me an email first on the value of the card. If I wanted to replace the card, I needed to send the email back and agree on the value.
One last thing that might help, if ur not in a rush for the card, sit on it. Just check in from time to time. Hope this helps.

(01-08-2015, 02:12 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I would call Topps..get the info and then call again and get different information...then...

Really..you are between and rock and a hard place..the redemption system is broken and deeply flawed...

Do not accept the excuses..keep at them and you may get faster service..

I would not accept a replacement at this time..even though it is approaching a year for the redemption as it a significantly rare card.

GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks for the info. I definitely dislike the redemption system for this reason. I would love to have it so I'll see what they have to say tomorrow when I call.
(01-08-2015, 02:40 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: Agree. Call and find out what's going on. Figure off season he should have signed by now.
Now if u ask for a replacement, they go by Beckett for value. When I asked for a glavine replacement, they sent me an email first on the value of the card. If I wanted to replace the card, I needed to send the email back and agree on the value.
One last thing that might help, if ur not in a rush for the card, sit on it. Just check in from time to time. Hope this helps.
I figured as you did about the off season and with spring training around the corner its going to take that much longer if its not done soon. I'll see what they have to say tomorrow and go from there. I would love to have it if for anything a trade.

I've never requested a replacement. I pretty much only buy singles of stuff I want so I play the waiting game. And I have no confidence that Topps would give me fair value if I were to request. I also don't really have the ability so sit on hold during business hours. I know it's hard but try not to think about your pending redemptions too much and then when they come its a pleasant surprise haha. If this is a card that you'd want for your PC, might as well keep waiting.

All that being said, I feel like these mystery cards tend to have huge BVs because people get really excited buying them at first and then they tend to cool off big time later on (especially when the announced player isn't the "hot" player collectors hoped for). AND we know Beckett is slow to update pricing. So it can't hurt to try to find out what value they are assigning it and what you might be able to receive

(Also in the OPG, I don't see any 2014 redemptions that describe Pujols or Museum in them)
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(01-08-2015, 05:30 PM)iconms Wrote: I've never requested a replacement. I pretty much only buy singles of stuff I want so I play the waiting game. And I have no confidence that Topps would give me fair value if I were to request. I also don't really have the ability so sit on hold during business hours. I know it's hard but try not to think about your pending redemptions too much and then when they come its a pleasant surprise haha. If this is a card that you'd want for your PC, might as well keep waiting.

All that being said, I feel like these mystery cards tend to have huge BVs because people get really excited buying them at first and then they tend to cool off big time later on (especially when the announced player isn't the "hot" player collectors hoped for). AND we know Beckett is slow to update pricing. So it can't hurt to try to find out what value they are assigning it and what you might be able to receive

(Also in the OPG, I don't see any 2014 redemptions that describe Pujols or Museum in them)
I got the information for the redemption on Cardboard Connections website. They have the redemption I have listed as a Pujols 500 HR auto. Redemtion #2 was a Jose Abreu auto.