`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, advice, guidance. What did u guys do.

Help, advice, guidance. What did u guys do.
This is a long post. Sorry in advance. I have collected cards ever since I can remember. Probably have around 100,000 thousand cards from the different sports in my card room. I think the most expensive card I have is a $50 football card. I have rookie cards from of many great players but only in the $10-$20 range. Only a few autographs and maybe 50 total game used/ race used. I have focused my collection on rookie cards the past few years and that has been about it. I can't afford a $300 lebron, kershaw, or brady card so I buy entry level rookies of them and others. Hard to use racing here cause they can be picked up cheap and aren't really worth much. I thought about collecting a autograph and memorabilia card of every player from every sport but that desire quickly left. I recently thought about doing just autograph memorabilia from my favorite players but then I run into the problem of older greats like earnhardt, and hall of famers from other sports might not have a auto mem card. Some have memorablia cards and just autos but none with both. I don't do sticker autos. Hate em. I am turning 31 next month and I am just wondering I guess, if u guys have hit this stage in your collecting what did you do. I don't need 200 individual common cards different drivers or athletes. That I am certain. I don't want to say I am loosing the desire to collect anymore because that is far from the truth, just don't know what I am wanting to do anymore. My friend would kill for an Earnhardt auto. I have had i think 4 of them and when I get bored or needed some cash for something I would just sell em. I don't know what I am wanting to hear so what have u guys done if you have gotten to this point in your life and it probably seems like a stupid problem but it is a problem for me.

RE: Help, advice, guidance. What did u guys do.
SELL EVERYTHING AND START OVER!!!

I'm a member on another sports card forum and I can tell you, you are not alone! I know people that have started a collection only to end up selling everything and started something completely different.

Think about what you want to collect, what would make you most happy, what you want to achieve in this hobby.

It sounds like you are going for quantity over quality right now, (which is absolutely fine, I'm not putting down your collection at all), but it sounds like you may need/want to change it up for a bit. Maybe focus on a few more expensive cards or pieces of memorabilia. That way, you will slow your collecting down a bit, you won't be collecting massive amounts of stuff and what you will collect will have more value (monetary or maybe even sentimental).

or

You could always take a break from the hobby. Never a bad idea.

Good luck!

100000? That's a lot of cards. I go high end all the way so I'd say sell everything pick a new PC from scratch and do that. Since May of last year I thinknive dropped over $25K on Lillard cards alone. I know that not everyone is willing to do that but it sounds like you just need a new PC. Doesn't have to be autos or memorabilia stuff could just be anything else. Pick a new PC and like anything else it's new it's different it's exciting. It'll get you going and you'll be happy about it. Good luck man! Hope at the end of your decision you never look back and have regrets.

I have come to the conclusion I need to get more organized. need to get more cards on beckett for trade, and just have fun collecting cards again. Maybe figure a certain direction to go later. Just have fun I think is what I need, and hopefully make some trades to get certain stuff I want. Thanks for the comments, and maybe I can do some trades with you all.

GL man! Keep us posted with what you want and I'm sure you'll find members that have what you want.