`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New OPG Display

RE: New OPG Display
It sucks. Seriously sucks on the phone all bunched together.
Put it back to how it was.

Overall, I like the new look, but with one minus. Where it shows the individual cards, seems a bit too thick and takes up a bit too much room for a task that requires a long list. But, nothing I can't get used to pretty quick.

I do have one question, and a couple of other individual remarks about the change. The question might show my inexperience on the site, or even that I am nit-picking things.

1- In the middle where you would see the individual cards or sets that you searched for, why is there a column for "SER#" and a column for "Print Run"? If a card has a serial number, didn't the total number from the SN used to get shown in the Print Run part? Aside from that, I searched for some specific sets and cards that I knew to have SNs, and both of those columns are not showing anything at all in those columns.

2- I do like how I can select multiple cards from a set, without having to search for a set and then go to that set's page to find the cards I have (adding them individually), and add them to add them to my Org all at once. This may have been an option to do before this update, but I never knew about it. At least with this new change, I can see the ability to do that right out in front. It actually grabbed my attention, instead of me having to see someone talk about it, or I stumble upon it later being bored lol.

All in all I like the new search. I hate the results tho. All pushed together

(01-07-2015, 02:53 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: 1- In the middle where you would see the individual cards or sets that you searched for, why is there a column for "SER#" and a column for "Print Run"? If a card has a serial number, didn't the total number from the SN used to get shown in the Print Run part? Aside from that, I searched for some specific sets and cards that I knew to have SNs, and both of those columns are not showing anything at all in those columns.
There are cards and sets out there (mostly older such as Topps Tiffany Sets as an example) that are not serial numbered, but the shorter print run is known and was announced by the manufacturer. Other places this shows up most often are some of the smaller companies like Classic in the early 90s that would have cards and autos that simply said on the front "1 of 7500" or the like.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I like seeing the arrows up and down but what I didn't like is seeing most of my T-206s arrows down but a lot nicer not having to open every card to see what the market is doing. I wish they would do that to the personal organizer. maybe thats a step forward to it.

I haven't entered any cards since the change but will try to add a few tonight just to see the whole function of it.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(01-08-2015, 11:06 AM)waynetalger Wrote: I like seeing the arrows up and down but what I didn't like is seeing most of my T-206s arrows down but a lot nicer not having to open every card to see what the market is doing. I wish they would do that to the personal organizer. maybe thats a step forward to it.

I haven't entered any cards since the change but will try to add a few tonight just to see the whole function of it.
the arrows may or may not mean anything. ive seen it where it does correspond to a price change, and ones where it doesnt. i think it might account for the last change, even if it is four years ago, but thats speculation on my part

They would have been better off saving the money for however much it costed them to do that and take a few dollars off the price of the OPG.

(01-08-2015, 11:42 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the arrows may or may not mean anything. ive seen it where it does correspond to a price change, and ones where it doesnt. i think it might account for the last change, even if it is four years ago, but thats speculation on my part
Yes I was doing research yesterday at down time at work but when I got home I confirmed they really didn't change.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

One aspect I noted this morning on my 1st search was that I choose choose all sports in the OPG for a search and that eliminated the aggravating box defaulting to baseball.

I believe it should just default to all sports and go from there but that change is easier than the small "x" one could use to eliminate the baseball default

RIch
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.