`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KG 20 years in the NBA

KG 20 years in the NBA
man I can not belive that kevin garnett has played 20 years in the nba wow he is up there with kareem Abdul jabbar moses Malone Robert parish and kevin willis he is the 5th nba player that has played 20 years in the nba what does averyone think of him playing 20 years

RE: KG 20 years in the NBA
He was a rookie in my second year of collecting, so yeah I suppose I'm getting old

when KG was a rookie:

Justin bieber,obama and osama was complete unknowns.
Pamela anderson was hot.
zuckerberg earned whatever his parents gave him.
i was in grade school

Pamela Anderson is still hot. Who's Justin beaver?

Would be interesting to see if kg's career would have been different had he gone to college.
I always thought he was a really tough player. He kept his mouth shut and played hard, (he may have talked trash once or twice lol) but he stayed out of the media, didn't do anything dumb and basically just did his job. I always liked him.

I used to be a fan of his until he started talking more than playing. But I never lost respect for his work ethic, and the way he obviously takes care of his body and works on his game. A true Pro in my opinion.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

well he is a great player he will be added to my 20 year collection with the others I collect kareem Abdul- jabbar moses Malone Robert parish kevin wills

Hard to believe..... Kobe hits the 20 year mark next year along with Ray Allen and Steve Nash. Is KG the only player from the 95-96 Draft that is still playing?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

Yep,Tbarn - KG is the only player from the 95 draft still playing. People can say what they want about KG's "trash" talking and will likely refer to the charlie villanueva incident. But think about this - before that comment, Charlie V was in a slump. KG makes his comment, and Charlie played his best game in a good while. KG's talking was tactical and helped to motivate players to play better. Unlike certain basketball idols who went out of their way to get into opponents heads in order to make them play bad. Nor did KG ever fill his talking with expletives - unlike certain other Basketball idols.

With KG, you have to think about what he did behind the scenes to really grasp the man. He went pro straight of high school so that his mother didn't have to work herself to death in two jobs. When he signed that big record setting contract in 1997 (a mere pittance now), he gave his mother a new house, a new car and helped his older sisters out.

Let us also look at him in the basketball scene. At his peak, KG could have easily averaged over 30 a game and could have regularly scored 40 and 50 a night. Did he? No. Instead he was happy to let the guy on the end of the bench have some minutes - regardless of whether his team was winning or losing. Take a look at how disjointed and defensively weak the Celtics were prior to 2007-08 and then how they were afterwards.

One thing that will always have my respect is what he said when he was asked to comment on the ESPN special on Jeff Green - "I won't comment. It's too hard emotionally." That, coupled with everything else, says that KG is man who values friendship and would stay a true friend forever.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

I think allan and nash steped down so they played only 19 years

(01-13-2015, 05:34 PM)jay187 Wrote: I think allan and nash steped down so they played only 19 years
Nash is injured I believe, but still listed on the roster he will probably retire after this season, Allen is out, but still debating on whether or not to make it permanent.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]