`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Registries - Adding a card(s) in the future

Custom Registries - Adding a card(s) in the future
OK, I've been screwing around with a custom registry for my Yankee autographs. Right now, I have 4 cards, 2 Jim Abbotts from 2013 Topps Tribute, 1 Mel Stottlemyre from 2014 Topps Archives Fan Favorite Autographs and 1 Graig Nettle from 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Autographs.

Now, I can set up the registry now with these 4 cards and everything works fine. The cards have been added. Now where my problem is, how do I put one in that I pick up next week, or buy on ebay tonight or next month? There doesn't seem to be a way to add the slot for it. What is the proper procedure to fill the custom registry as I go along? It seems to me if I can't, there is no sense getting any more cards graded with Beckett. I have some patch/mem cards of Yankees and also from former Burlington Bees players. No sense making the set if I can't add as I purchase (grade) any more.

What to do?
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Custom Registries - Adding a card(s) in the future
This thread helped me.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1530366.html

Thanks for the reply. I used the link, and then when I saw the one screen shot, I remembered. No Add Cards choice comes up on my screen, just modify and delete. I've tried this a bunch of times in the last week, nothing helps. I think I'll just sell my Beckett graded cards and go to SGC. Their registry at least works.

(01-12-2015, 02:16 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I used the link, and then when I saw the one screen shot, I remembered. No Add Cards choice comes up on my screen, just add and modify. I've tried this a bunch of times in the last week, nothing helps. I think I'll just sell my Beckett graded cards and go to SGC. Their registry at least works.
Do you have any Nolan Ryans?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(01-12-2015, 03:28 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Do you have any Nolan Ryans?
Not autographed. I have a few maybe in my organizer, but none are graded there either.

If you know anyone who would want any of these, I have the following:

2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Autographs #GQAGN Graig Nettles
2014 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Autographs #FFAMS Mel Stottlemyre

2013 Topps Tribute Autographs #JA2 Jim Abbott
2013 Topps Tribute Autographs Sepia #JA2 Jim Abbott

2013 Topps Tribute Autographs Vida Blue I'm not sure of the card number on this one.

I used to have the "Add Cards" option and that is no longer available to me either. Stinks. I can't add any cards to my custom registries.

the rollout of their new registry and the user experience leave much to be desired.

(03-21-2015, 10:19 PM)gradedeflator Wrote: I used to have the "Add Cards" option and that is no longer available to me either. Stinks. I can't add any cards to my custom registries.

the rollout of their new registry and the user experience leave much to be desired.
I agree 100% with you. One line I got was "Oh, they're trying to get the Coin part finished". My feeling here is, we were here long before they decided on coins, why can't they take care of their long term customers first.

I have called several times inquiring when the custom registry will be fixed. Of course I get the standard bs replies, you know, "tomorrow", or "when they get to it" or "we can't find out from them when it will be ready". And on, and on, and on. I'm getting very frustrated, and if I could find another pricing guide to use, I'd tell Beckett what they could do, where to put it and where they could go.

Beckett has been on top for so long that they have started to take their customers for granted and let the customer satisfaction go out the window.

If people really do start switching over to other grading companies I doubt Beckett will survive off the coin market. The card market is what drives this place and they better get their priorities straight on what pays the bills before it's too late.

I agree. The way they do autographs and the thicker cards are the only things that make me stay. Of course, I'm not a big volume grader, so I suppose Beckett doesn't give a ra****ss whether I stay or go. No one ever calls to hear my complaints, so why should I be so loyal. I said in a different forum, if I could find a price guide cheaper and just as good, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Hear that Beckett big wigs, TAKE CARE OF YOUR customers. But to be fair, I have heard a story about PSA also, they had a grader who spent in the 10's of thousands range, who got pissed at PSA's customer service, and the PSA president or CEO I forget now which, saw him at a card show and asked him where he had been. The grader told him he'd been gone for a while now and they're just missing him.

I also am having a problem. It is a failing if I want to create a custom registry of say, HOF rookie cards. I'm not going to spend a week going through adding every single one. Then when next year's class gets announced there's no way to add them into the registry. I don't know if PSA registry for custom registry is any better, but if it is, I may jump ship too. I just started collecting in the last few months.