`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Registries - Adding a card(s) in the future

RE: Custom Registries - Adding a card(s) in the future
(08-15-2015, 10:30 AM)exorcst Wrote: I also am having a problem. It is a failing if I want to create a custom registry of say, HOF rookie cards. I'm not going to spend a week going through adding every single one. Then when next year's class gets announced there's no way to add them into the registry. I don't know if PSA registry for custom registry is any better, but if it is, I may jump ship too. I just started collecting in the last few months.
This is my point exactly. Thanks for saying it better than I can. I'm certainly not going through all the years and add all Yankee autograph cards at one time. That would take a huge amount of time, and really, none of us should have to do that.

If you can, please check out making a custom registry on PSA and if everything works, please let me know. The bad thing about PSA is they charge exorbitant prices for grading, plus you have to join a club to get direct submission rights.

I'm doing all my other cards with SGC for a couple of reasons: 1. the cards look sharp in their holders and 2. their cost is reasonable. This month I can send in modern cards on a 20 day service level and pay $5 per card. On Beckett, their best price is $8 per card, minimum of 100 cards and you get 45 days service. As far as I'm concerned I'll stay with SGC. Right now I think I have 100 cards plus that are modern that need to get graded.

I'm getting so sick of Beckett's customer service I'm ready to tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. The only thing is, I like the way they do the autograph cards, grading both card & auto.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

It stinks there is really only two ways to collect, by player, or by set.

What if you want to collect all Red's cards. Or you like catchers. Literally the day after you create your custom registry for any focus of your collection, it is obsolete. You can take the time to add every single card that is in there now. And tomorrow a new set, or new cards get graded and you cannot add them.
Just playing around with the PSA site it looks like you are tied to whatever sets that are there, you can submit a form to create a new set. But that can take 4-6 weeks before a set goes online.

(08-15-2015, 03:49 PM)exorcst Wrote: It stinks there is really only two ways to collect, by player, or by set.

What if you want to collect all Red's cards. Or you like catchers. Literally the day after you create your custom registry for any focus of your collection, it is obsolete. You can take the time to add every single card that is in there now. And tomorrow a new set, or new cards get graded and you cannot add them.
Just playing around with the PSA site it looks like you are tied to whatever sets that are there, you can submit a form to create a new set. But that can take 4-6 weeks before a set goes online.
You could do what I did and create one similar, using Excel.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-18-2015, 08:34 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: You could do what I did and create one similar, using Excel.
You're right, I could, but my feeling is why should I have to? When I first came back to Beckett grading back in 2013, the custom registries worked, they had an add option along with the Modify and Delete options. At the time, you could even type in the grading serial number to look for the card, and then it would ask you which registry set you wanted to add it too, and the custom registry would show up as an option. But now, everything is so f****d up, nothing happens. I expect this stuff to work right, because our grading fees help for the registry. I'm finished with Beckett grading.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]