`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggio, Smoltz, Pedro and Big Unit are in

RE: Biggio, Smoltz, Pedro and Big Unit are in
They are going to make Bonds and Clemens sweat it out for years. They'll get in.

(01-06-2015, 02:41 PM)wordsense Wrote: They are going to make Bonds and Clemens sweat it out for years. They'll get in.
the new rules pretty much mean they wont get in. 10 years to get in. mcgwire is in his last year next year. the rule change was intentional

I'm thinking part of the reason those rules were put in place was to keep these guys out. It's a way to make sure the guys that should be in there but aren't because of ballot limitations get in and squeeze the tainted guys out.

somebody voted for Tom Gordon.... and Darin Erstad.... to be a hall of famer...... ?

Bagwell not being in , is a travesty.
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

(01-06-2015, 05:41 PM)dmbcrush22 Wrote: somebody voted for Tom Gordon.... and Darin Erstad.... to be a hall of famer...... ?

Bagwell not being in , is a travesty.
Probably the same guys who didn't vote for Randy Johnson haha.

it blows my mind..... that people use their ballots to play games..... its the bloody hall of fame boys! haha.... what do I know though.... Erstad was a monster for like 3 years...
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

Your always going to have voters that saw a home town guy a different way than everyone does.

solid class this year being in Texas that was truly awesome to see Biggio get in my predictions next year Griffey Piazza and maybe Trevor Hoffman but 2 will get in

My problem is the percentages. They make no sense.

Delgado was much better than Kent yet he is off the ballot while Kent got four times as many votes.
Mattingly was much better than Kent yet he gets less votes.
Raines was very similar to Kenny Lofton yet Lofton was only on the ballot once while half the voters put in for Raines.
David Cone and Kevin Brown (alleged steroid user) were similar to Schilling (steroid suspicions) yet Cone and Brown were off the ballot the first time while Schilling gets 40 percent.
How does Lee Smith get more votes than Mussina? How is Lee Smith getting 30 percent (he once got 50 percent) of the vote when Reardon and John Franco couldn't get five percent?
Fred McGriff was as good or better than Bagwell but Bagwell gets more than four times the vote.

Excuse me if I rubbed your favorite player the wrong way but the point of this rant is the total lunacy of the way these voters put their votes together.

Thanks for allowing me to exercise my First Amendment right to write about the absurd.

Delgado and Kent played 2 totally different positions. They aren't even comparable. Delgado was originally a catcher, moved to left field and finally put at first because he couldn't play left. Kent brought power to a position that was not known for it. Arguably the the greatest power hitting second baseman of all time. If your just going by offense, which I'm guessing you are because of the comparison, Kent had far more hits, rbi and homeruns than Mattingly. Raines and Lofton... dont see they were anywhere close to comparable. Raines WAR has him as the 5th greatest left fielder in MLB history.