`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box of Topps Prime for Christmas!!

Box of Topps Prime for Christmas!!
Havent' been around the hobby for awhile but finally got myself going again. Bought my first box since last year, went with 2014 Topps Prime. Topps Prime is one of my favorite sets each year, they're just good looking cards, quality hits usually, not to mention all the nice patches!! Well I was fairly pleased my hits.

They were:

C.J. Spiller Quad Patch Auto

Leveon Bell Veteran Vairant Auto (redemption but at least its not a panini redemption)

Logan Thomas Quad Patch /75

Khalil Mack RC Patch

Got a bunch of your run of the mill RC"s obviously, couple inserts, and a nice C.J. Mosley numbered RC to go with the game used/auto'd stuff.

All in all, I've done a lot worse. Spillers not worth much but I've always been a fan of his and it's a sweet card. Not too worried about the Bell redemption, topps is usually always on their game when it comes to redemptions, unlike panini!

photo ToppsPrimeHits_zpsc483c33c.jpg
Michael Vick Super Collector. Also currently focusing on baseball again with main attention to Yankees stuff. Also Correa, Mookie Betts & whatever else catches my eye! Hundreds of positive trades on many sites over the years!

RE: Box of Topps Prime for Christmas!!
Agreed about the Spiller. I recently traded for a Ka'Deem Carey and thought the design looked real sharp. The Thomas likewise is an interesting design. Congrats on the hits and may your redemptions be ever in your favor... of being filled Smile.

I like this year's Prime. I was out of collecting for a few year's, and just jumped back in. I bought a case a month ago, and pulled 9 redemption's, which to me,is 9 to many. It's all sticker AU's, so redemption's should be dead by now. Anyways, nice box!!
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****

Very nice!

Nice - that Spiller is really nice looking and Bell is a nice pull even as a redemption.

(01-01-2015, 09:57 AM)kens05goat Wrote: I like this year's Prime. I was out of collecting for a few year's, and just jumped back in. I bought a case a month ago, and pulled 9 redemption's, which to me,is 9 to many. It's all sticker AU's, so redemption's should be dead by now. Anyways, nice box!!

Yeah man that sucks, I've opened over a case so far myself, and only hit two redemptions not including the Le'Veon. Nine is a little much for sure, but I've been dealing with redemptions pretty much as long as they've been inserting them, and from my experience Topps is always top notch when it comes to turn around time, and actually getting your card. Thats why I'm not too worried about it. Panini on the other hand, words cannot describe how many times I have flipped out on them over all the bull redemptions they insert in their products. Panini is famous for rushing sets and adding a million redemptions in the set. I really, really love (totally being sarcastic) when, we'll use this years rookie class for an example, lets say you pull a Odell Beckham JR auto patch redemption out of whatever, say Crown Royale for instance. You pull the redemption in November, and before you know it, the 2015 season is starting and you're still waiting, yet they begin to roll out all these on card AND sticker autos of Odel Beckham JR in the new sets. It drives me nuts every single time "oh well screw the 2014 stuff, we'll just make sure we have his autos in the 2015 sets" It's like how about you fulfill your RC redemption autos that your customers have been waiting for, for over a year before you start with all this new stuff of him as a second year veteran in the 2015 season. It's ridiculous, trust me I've dealt with hundreds of redemptions though panini and the experience is just as bad, every.single.time. I went to the national in Baltimore a few years back when Panini had that Outstanding Redemption Trade In Program, thank god I did that because I'd still be waiting for certain stuff. I traded every single one in, came out decent with it but was salty about losing a few of the redemptions at the time, mainly my DeMarco Murray Crown Royale Auto Patch RC that was sent live in reality not that long ago, and I had been waiting for it, for almost a year at that point and that was 2012. I remember the Panini rep telling me " You sure you want to trade this one in, he's signing it real soon" I heard that before, pretty sure it still didn't get fulfilled until 2013. Coming to the end of my rant lol, my hat does go off to Topps, because I rarely do pull redemptions from their products, and when I do, I always receive them in a timely and professional matter. At least one company knows how to please their customers.
Gotta add this too, back in 2012 I bought a case and a half of 2012 Certified. Hit a redemption in every single box in the entire first case, and the half a case had 3 I believe. That ended up setting me over the boiliing point with Panini and redemptions. I pretty much stopped busting everything for quite awhile over that, and when I did, it was only topps. The sad reality is, I love almost all the sets that Panini puts out. They put out beautiful stuff, they keep diversifying the sets each year and coming up with cool new stuff (I really like some of the stuff in Playbook this year) One set I was sad to not see anymore is Gridiron Gear. That was one of my favorite sets to bust each year. Had a great run in 2012 with that, enjoyed the hot boxes here and there too with Gridiron Gear. Even though they were pretty terrible with them too, I miss the NFL Licensed Upper Deck stuff. I love SP Authentic & SPX from them, but I truly miss a lot of the old Upper Deck sets that everyone knew and loved. I just wish they'd actually put into action all the "redemption improvements" they always act like they're doing. I get nothing but rude replies to my follow ups, and usually can't even get ahold of someone to actually talk about it. In the end of it all, redemptions suck. Plain and simple lol
Michael Vick Super Collector. Also currently focusing on baseball again with main attention to Yankees stuff. Also Correa, Mookie Betts & whatever else catches my eye! Hundreds of positive trades on many sites over the years!

My main issue is this, Prime was an earlier season release, with redemption's, but Topps will make maybe 10 other set's, with mostly the same players having live AU's. Why are they live, but earlier stuff is redemption? Most of the patches and jersey cards now are barely "used", like " OBJ was in the same mall as this jersey, and may have touched it". Don't promise certain cards is you cant deliver them. Topps has been ok so far, but I'm still waiting for all my Prime cards. How many jerseys did Michael Sam wear, he never played, so he has the time to sign a sticker's. Just ranting a little bit, but I hope my cards eventually show up.
Super Collecting Mark Rypien and Juan Gonzalez

****NOT CURRENTLY TRADING****