`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any preference with older or new serial #'s?

any preference with older or new serial #'s?
I was just curious, do any of you BGS collectors prefer a card with older serial numbers or newer?

I know it probably doesn't matter, but for whatever reason I would rather buy a card that has a serial number that starts with 5 or 6 (or older) than 7 or 8.

I've heard opinions in the past that newer graded cards aren't graded as "tough" as the older ones. I don't necessarily believe this or I probably wouldn't submit cards. But I think it would be cool to collect some of the first cards graded.

I guess a positive aspect about buying newer graded cards is that the case (in theory) would be in better condition lol.

Any opinions?

RE: any preference with older or new serial #'s?
There are a handful of fakes that are known to have been graded as authentic recently (big one: MJ big man on court). Other than those incidents though, I really don't care much!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Never actually put any thought into this. I guess an older s/n. BGS graded a little tougher then, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

If the grading rules haven't changed and everyone doing the grading now grades the same as everyone that ever graded cards for Beckett, it wouldn't matter at all.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

True.