`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Bowman Chrome Blasters: Streaky Returns

2010 Bowman Chrome Blasters: Streaky Returns
While I was home for Christmas I found out that Alco (think Kmart for small towns, similar to the old Pamida stores) is closing up shop and everything in the store was up to 60% off. So while gobbling up Walking Dead toys and DVDs I picked up two 2010 Bowman Chrome blasters for $10 each. Based on the positive results of those, I went back and got the other two ... I was pretty impressed by all for.

Grand total of $40 nabbed me the following (better than some hobby boxes I've seen recently), along with a bunch of others.

Colors and serial numbers ... Vazquez is /25, Perez /150, others 500-999.
[Image: 20141228_210436_zpsbiwewlq9.jpg]

Notable base cards and unnumbered refractors:
[Image: 20141228_210640_zpsedfjssip.jpg]
Kepler

RE: 2010 Bowman Chrome Blasters: Streaky Returns
There are a couple Alco stores near me as well....actually went to one last night to see if the sales were worth it. I never knew they sold cards though. Usually that's something I try to find first and before they started liquidating I don't think I ever saw cards at one.

Nice found though and great hits!

Awesome! You did well!
I was wondering where Streaky was ... He certainly hasn't been hanging out with me the past month! Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-28-2014, 11:09 PM)slufan83 Wrote: There are a couple Alco stores near me as well....actually went to one last night to see if the sales were worth it. I never knew they sold cards though. Usually that's something I try to find first and before they started liquidating I don't think I ever saw cards at one.

Nice found though and great hits!
If they've got any left they'd be over in the electronics "department" near the printers, USBs, etc. Never had a huge selection, but there were some good deals once in a while. I left the 2010 Topps and 2011 Topps Series 1 for someone else.
(12-28-2014, 11:12 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Awesome! You did well!
I was wondering where Streaky was ... He certainly hasn't been hanging out with me the past month! Sad
I think he must have been on vacation, because he certainly wasn't with me up until this week. It was so bad, I took to buying singles for a while instead.
Kepler

(12-28-2014, 11:46 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: If they've got any left they'd be over in the electronics "department" near the printers, USBs, etc. Never had a huge selection, but there were some good deals once in a while. I left the 2010 Topps and 2011 Topps Series 1 for someone else.

I think he must have been on vacation, because he certainly wasn't with me up until this week. It was so bad, I took to buying singles for a while instead.
I hear you. I busted about a dozen boxes from Black Friday to Xmas and except for a Buster Posey auto from TriStar and a 2008 David Wright auto ... Nothing of great merit. Tell me when Streaky is back on the move, so I can welcome him back. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-29-2014, 11:33 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I hear you. I busted about a dozen boxes from Black Friday to Xmas and except for a Buster Posey auto from TriStar and a 2008 David Wright auto ... Nothing of great merit. Tell me when Streaky is back on the move, so I can welcome him back. Smile
He might very well be on the move again, as once I pay a couple of bills I'll probably be tapped out for a couple of weeks following the holidays. Stupid season of giving Big Grin
Kepler