`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best penny sleeves

RE: best penny sleeves
(12-29-2014, 08:46 AM)frozenace3356 Wrote: you havent had any issues with the sheets? I find that sometimes the penny sleeve doesnt fit right and has like a wave to it
No no problems, i have Ultra Pro 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 and ultra pro platinum sheets
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I will have to add to this thread that I bought penny sleeves from BCW and to be honest they are just a tad small and I was always worried about dinging a corner when I put cards in them.
Thanks,
- Steve

(12-28-2014, 04:30 PM)StedmanRecon Wrote: I just tested two different kinds of penny sleeves in my 9 card binder sheet. I don't have any of the BCW, but I have two different kinds of Ultra Pro. (I used a 2014 Bowman card to test it, in case your card is the same size.

One is the "Ultra Pro Card Sleeves" that you can get in 100 qty packs at Walmart. On the package it says the measurement is 2 5/8" x 3 5/8" and is supposed to hold "standard sized cards". Personally, I wouldn't use these in combination with the 9 card binder sheet. I couldn't get the card/sleeve to slide down into the slot. I could have forced it down, but it would have binded (or wrinkled) up on the sides and either stopped it from going all the way down. Even if I did get it all the way down without any damage to the card, I figure it would look like crap.

The other worked out pretty nicely, though. It was the "Ultra Pro Premium Card Sleeves", and I picked these up at a card/hobby shop in Austin. Supposedly, they provide better protection.

Even without the binder sheets, I prefer these because they seem to "fit" the card more. I didn't have any kind of issue sliding it into the 9 card binder sheet. I'm sure if I was in a rush and wasn't too careful, it could have been bad. But it slid in pretty easily, and didn't bind or wrinkle up at all on the sides. Even though I didn't push hard once it reached the bottom, the top of the sleeve didn't stick out of the binder sheet slot.

Looked really nice. Was really surprised. I don't know anything about that other brand you mentioned though.
+1 on the Ultra Pro Premium Card Sleeves.....pay a little more but they work great when putting cards sleeved into a binder (Ultra Pro Platinum 9 card pages only!!!!!). I'm working on scanning all my PC stuff and removing them from binders and boxing them up in thier sleeves. Like anything else in life, you will get what you pay for so don't skimp when buying collection supplies. Cheaper sleeves are ok for shipping stuff as I usually assume folks disgard them after receipt.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(12-30-2014, 12:46 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1 on the Ultra Pro Premium Card Sleeves.....pay a little more but they work great when putting cards sleeved into a binder (Ultra Pro Platinum 9 card pages only!!!!!). I'm working on scanning all my PC stuff and removing them from binders and boxing them up in thier sleeves. Like anything else in life, you will get what you pay for so don't skimp when buying collection supplies. Cheaper sleeves are ok for shipping stuff as I usually assume folks disgard them after receipt.
thank you I just ordered 200 to try