`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett Members' HOF Voting Poll

RE: Beckett Members' HOF Voting Poll
(12-28-2014, 08:13 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont think your going to sway another 13% of voters enough to change their opinion of Piazza in 2 years. Maybe... but I doubt it. The other thing he has working against him is the amount of guys that are borderline or possibly should be in on the ballot. Anyone who is on the fence about Piazza will most likely go with one of these players before Piazza.
+1 perfectly said!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

I think the Big Unit is the only real shoe-in. I'd love nothing more than to see Trammell make it but I doubt it will happen.

No love for the Crime dog! 493 homers!

Why is Biggio getting more votes than Bagwell. Bagwell beats Biggio in every category except hits and was an MVP once and a couple of times was in the top three. Only went to a couple of all stars because 1B in the 90s was stacked with talent compared to 2B. Just think people see any homerun hitter from that time and automatically think steroids. Both should be in one day but Bagwell should go before Biggio.

(12-29-2014, 07:34 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: No love for the Crime dog! 493 homers!
I love the Crime Dog. Maddux and Glavine's numbers would be greatly diminished if not for him. He helped them win games. They did not help him hit.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

There's a criminal lack of support for Tim Raines.
Is this thing on?

I have Johnson, Pedro, smoltz as my top 3. I really want schilling to get in, but I know it won't be this year.
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(12-28-2014, 10:55 AM)zeprock Wrote: Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to insinuate that Griffey just barely got there. He was there before the injuries cut him down still in his prime. Who wouldn't have wanted to see where he would've ended up in the record books had he been able to stay healthy?
If Griffey stayed healthy ... He probably would have blown away everyone. Another 2-3 productive uninjured years? We'd be saying "Bonds who"? Smile

It's like what everyone projected for Mantle, who was injured (and injury plagued ever since) his first season. If his knees were healthy, he would have had numbers that surpassed his impressive statistics. Stolen bases, hits, home runs, RBIs, Average ... Probably would have been in the top 5 of all those categories.
While projecting 'What if?' Ideas .... Willie Mays and Ted Williams had military service get in there way .... Their unbelievable Numbers would have been even higher and better and more unbelievable.

As far as Mattingly goes ... There's nobody that I'd like to see enshrined more, but his injuries, as Zeprock alluded, derailed him all too soon. He didn't amass enough numbers to warrant election. Sad
reality sucks
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Since it's baseball fans voting I don't see any great surprises in the top 15.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(12-29-2014, 07:34 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: No love for the Crime dog! 493 homers!
His problem is he played for too many different teams. I'm not saying this is right, just pointing it out. I feel the same way about Lee Smith...the most awesome closer ever (IMO)!

For those complaing about non-deserving players getting a vote or two.....I think it's pretty cool that someone liked somebody enough (for whatever reason) to give them a good feeling thier one year on the ballot.

Each year I say the same thing.....but how can somebody be deserving when thier numbers haven't changed from the year before. Wake up writers/voters.

(12-30-2014, 08:59 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: As far as Mattingly goes ... There's nobody that I'd like to see enshrined more, but his injuries, as Zeprock alluded, derailed him all too soon. He didn't amass enough numbers to warrant election. Sad
reality sucks
How do you explain my boy Sandys' election then?

It should be....how great were they vs thier competition / contemporaries. Not thier numbers verses players 75-100 years ago. JMO, right or wrong.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.