Nice break! Very happy .... Especially no redemptions !! Smile
Here's the best of the box.
[Image: null_zps9187125e.jpg]
[Image: null_zps33aa3472.jpg]
Boston mini Jersey is JD Drew /499 FT
Obama reg & gold is FT
David Wright is PC
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2008 Topps Jumbo
That's a pretty decent auto pull out of 2008 Topps, considering the plethora of schlub autos in that set. Jackpot!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Sweet break. One of the better autos.

(12-26-2014, 01:33 AM)buckles2335 Wrote: Sweet break. One of the better autos.
(12-26-2014, 12:16 AM)aprirr Wrote: That's a pretty decent auto pull out of 2008 Topps, considering the plethora of schlub autos in that set. Jackpot!
Thanks! You're right, could have been a disaster.
Always a pleasure pulling a David Wright auto from a severely discounted product. Probably My best pull of all my Black Friday hobby boxes! (Posey TriStar might be a close 2nd)

It beats the heck outta my other Xmas box of cards ...2010 Topps update. Got a Tim Hudson all star relic. Yawn ... Not worthy of a pic.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Yeah, 2010 Update was pretty brutal for us, too. Opened a jumbo looking for one card (Lucroy, surprise!) and, out of 500 cards, got squadoosh!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Very nice hits. It reminds me that I need to add a David Wright auto to my Mets collection.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I was wondering on whether or not to pull the trigger on buying one of those jumbos on black friday. They were super cheap weren't they?...Something like $25 each?
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

(12-26-2014, 08:54 AM)kfeldman Wrote: I was wondering on whether or not to pull the trigger on buying one of those jumbos on black friday. They were super cheap weren't they?...Something like $25 each?
Yep, like $24.95 IIRC. 1 auto 1 relic and a chance at a redemption of either hit that expired 8 years ago Smile
I got about as lucky as I could have hoped. At least it wasn't a Jay Austin auto (for those of you that didn't read about my 2008 TriStar break ... Something like 5 Jay Austin autos in 3 boxes of TriStar. ...oh, and 5 Xavier Avery and 5 Brian Hunter in the same boxes ... Collation? TriStar doesn't know the meaning of the word Smile )

FYI: Just checked and Blowout still has 32 jumbo boxes of 2008 still at that sale price. I know I'm quitting while I'm ahead Smile

Nice break!

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature