`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the grade...with my friend Hank. UPDATED 12-15-2015

RE: Guess the grade...with my friend Hank.
(12-28-2014, 11:32 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: did you end up sending it in yet??
No, sorry. it's gonna be a while (like 4 months+ probably) because I need to get/buy more cards to send with it so that the overall grading per card price goes down. Im just too damn cheap to send it in buy itself and spend $30 on the grading, shipping, and insurance fees. Plus I've been spending way more on cards then I should be so I am going to cut back in 2015.

I will update this thread as soon as I have it graded.

Is it trimmed on top, or is that just a "1" for centering?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(12-31-2014, 04:26 PM)jonathani Wrote: Is it trimmed on top, or is that just a "1" for centering?

No, the 54 topps set didn't have a border on top.

(12-31-2014, 05:15 PM)altz11 Wrote: No, the 54 topps set didn't have a border on top.
Thanks for clarifying. Then, I think a solid 5 and likely higher.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(12-29-2014, 03:14 AM)altz11 Wrote: No, sorry. it's gonna be a while (like 4 months+ probably) because I need to get/buy more cards to send with it so that the overall grading per card price goes down. Im just too damn cheap to send it in buy itself and spend $30 on the grading, shipping, and insurance fees. Plus I've been spending way more on cards then I should be so I am going to cut back in 2015.

I will update this thread as soon as I have it graded.
Good luck when you send it in Wink
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Thank you Alfredo.

I know it was you, you broke my heart!

Godfather quote if you're unfamiliar.
I'll update the thread as soon as I have it graded!

Not a Grader but I have looked at a billion cards over the last 50 years and have noticed a lot of things that are not so obvious.

This card was originally a "Diamond Cut", its visible on the sides but the Top and Bottom look square.

From the back, the bottom looks like it might have been trimmed to make it look square. I hope I'm wrong,,,,,Good Luck !
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

I hope your wrong too but I guess it's always possible, especially with a more desirable card such as an Aaron rc.

I did buy it from a very reputable dealer who I've bought from for a few years and who's never screwed me over. Before I bought it, he held it up to another 54 common and said everything was legit (hopefully he didn't miss anything lol).

I never knew just how massive the 54 set is. This card doesn't even fit inside a penny sleeve and absolutely towers over a regular modern day card.
I appreciate your input and I will try and get precise measurements on the card just to be safe.

(01-05-2015, 11:23 PM)altz11 Wrote: Thank you Alfredo.

I know it was you, you broke my heart!

Godfather quote if you're unfamiliar.
I'll update the thread as soon as I have it graded!
Lol i wasnt aware of it :p

Hope its not trimmed!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(01-06-2015, 04:06 PM)altz11 Wrote: I hope your wrong too but I guess it's always possible, especially with a more desirable card such as an Aaron rc.

I did buy it from a very reputable dealer who I've bought from for a few years and who's never screwed me over. Before I bought it, he held it up to another 54 common and said everything was legit (hopefully he didn't miss anything lol).

I never knew just how massive the 54 set is. This card doesn't even fit inside a penny sleeve and absolutely towers over a regular modern day card.
I appreciate your input and I will try and get precise measurements on the card just to be safe.
It's not just the '54s. 1957 Topps finally gave us our modern card dimensions but before that in the 50's the card sizes were all over the place. The most drastic changes were in the '50 and '51 Bowman sets. They went with an extremely small card in 1950 to an absolutely massive card in 1951.