`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has time to list cards on ebay?

RE: Who has time to list cards on ebay?
I list via the website and don't really see it taking much more than a few minutes per card.
Thanks,
- Steve

I hate listing cards on ebay. It takes me forever just to get around to doing it because I can't stand it. I have a '32 Sanella Babe Ruth I've been meaning to list for about a month now but just haven't.

With that said, I am trying my hand at a new "hobby". I put an ad on Craigslist seeking "consignments" for collectibles in various categories. Needless to say, I have a bunch of random things in my house now but they sell pretty well and it's fun because I'm learning about new things.

FYI-If you ever go to a tag sale and you see vintage Pyrex bowls/dishes on the cheap and in great condition, buy them and sell on ebay. You might think that it's not a big deal. I mean really, bowls. BUT I just sold three bowls for $70 the other day + priority mail shipping in large flat rate box. This type of stuff will sure help come tag sale season!

Couple minutes (3-5) with the app is all it takes me.
no org, please do not send trade requests

Also, one other tip, I do have a template description that I have saved off in a text file that I use and just go in and change the details for the card I'm selling. Then, copy and paste that into the description when listing.
Thanks,
- Steve

If anyone has tried SuperSeller so far, please let me know how it is going. I am seeing thousands of new listings get launched, and lots of sales each day, so a few of you are doing well.

Once you figure out how to use it, it makes listing on eBay super fast - once you have the items in Organize.

If you need more info, drop me a line at superseller@beckett.com

Thanks, Bill
Bill S.
"32-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

(12-10-2014, 05:06 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I sell a lot of cards on ebay..or at least I list a lot on ebay, can not say I sell 30% of them in a 7 day period. I use Auctiva, it costs $9.99 a month, but has different templates, saves the listings..loads and keep the pictures...makes it easy for me..I can open a pack, find a $20 card, scan it with my scanner, save to folder, open Auctiva, find a listing with the same starting and BIN price and change the picture and description and list it..takes less than 3 minutes when you use it a lot...
With the Beckett tool..I tried it out at the 10 cents a card level to see how it works and listed a $25 Bonds card using the stock photo on Beckett..

It was pretty easy to use..listing is in queue for quite a while, but it posted...need to set up the info on the ebay portion..directions are listed in forums and on the site under superseller function..

I may list a few more, but they are fixed price, not auction style..which are my other listings..starting out at a price I can live with and BIN is usually HI book..be surprised how many I sell at HI book that way..

Shipping is either $2.05 (break even with Paypal shipping ) or free for the more $$ cards..

Could never make a living off this, but it takes the sting out of buying boxes to crack...
Using stock photos to sell a card turns me away..... I like to look at the actual card I'm purchasing...... I thought ebay rules say you're not allowed to use stock photos of cards.....

[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(12-12-2014, 11:59 AM)rollx8 Wrote: Using stock photos to sell a card turns me away..... I like to look at the actual card I'm purchasing...... I thought ebay rules say you're not allowed to use stock photos of cards.....

i too absolutely HATE the stock photos and will almost never buy an item that utilizes them.....(i also see that as a HUGE reason i'd never even consider using the new listing tool here - just WAAAY too easy to lose an item not as described case when you're picturing something other than what is actually being sold)

that said , ebay definitely does not have a rule against using them...in fact , they ENCOURAGE it....if you don't believe me just try listing an item....for many , many items they try to get sellers to use the detailed item specifics for their card....for quite a few cards , the detailed specifics also include a scan...sadly the vast majority are incorrect.....burbank is notorious for using stock photos....one that i specifically recall was a 2007 bowman draft jonathan lucroy ...the listing said they had more than 10 available...the TITLE was accurate and the price was acceptable , but all the pics were of the blue parallel which would have been a bargain at the listed price....i actually sent a question about the item and they claimed that someone just accidentally uploaded the wrong photo but it was clearly a case of them using the incorrect stock photo provided by ebay.....

I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner

I agree..stock picture can be a turn off, especially serial #ed cards...
You can add the SN in the description on Beckett..and you can scan and load your own picture..I have done that..but check the listing and make sure it fully loaded..etc..

also, as superseller here said..they re working on the system to improve..like being able to add a 2nd picture..like the back of the card..

I think I will use my own scans from now on...my new scanner is pretty quick..takes about 1 min to scan, save and load into Beckett listing..

I am still experimenting with this new tool..listed 29..no sales yet...but some interest..

This could be a nice addition to this site..I need to move some older cards..maybe make enough to open another box!! I am insane though..so I have that going for me

(12-10-2014, 08:34 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I hate listing cards on ebay. It takes me forever just to get around to doing it because I can't stand it. I have a '32 Sanella Babe Ruth I've been meaning to list for about a month now but just haven't.

With that said, I am trying my hand at a new "hobby". I put an ad on Craigslist seeking "consignments" for collectibles in various categories.
You have luck with craigslist? I did have a successful single item transaction & a very small yard sale last fall. I posted an ad to empty a house of it's furniture from good to ex., ended up giving it away. Even a "free" furniture sale had nobody interested. Also free scrap metal didn't bring anyone. I get weirdos, people that want to show up at 10pm, don't need people like these in my house.
What am i doing wrong, many people swear by c/list.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(12-13-2014, 01:46 AM)krn001 Wrote: You have luck with craigslist? I did have a successful single item transaction & a very small yard sale last fall. I posted an ad to empty a house of it's furniture from good to ex., ended up giving it away. Even a "free" furniture sale had nobody interested. Also free scrap metal didn't bring anyone. I get weirdos, people that want to show up at 10pm, don't need people like these in my house.
What am i doing wrong, many people swear by c/list.
I posted in three different categories that, essentially, I'd do the busy work for them and sell their "collectibles" on ebay for them for a percentage. I got four hits, one actually being not too bad. Not much in the way of "collectibles" but lots of great high end kitchen-ware that's done very well. One guy with a watch that was a pain in the rear so we never actually got together and one other bizarre guy that's going nowhere. The second person I'm selling for is someone with a ton of leftover inventory from a now closed pet boutique. All new, haven't listed just yet though, hope to do so in a day or two.

And of course the vintage Playboy magazines for my aunt. I can have a dry spell for a month and then sell 8 in a week. Totally random in that arena.