`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Someone just opened a box of 1997 metal universe...unreal hit

RE: Someone just opened a box of 1997 metal universe...unreal hit
Well let us know what happens (if possible), I'm curious to see what grade and price it gets.

It's pretty crazy. I've busted the hell out of some 90s wax hoping for a pull like this...

There's a lot of hate/questions, but I think a lot of it is coming from trolls with nothing better to do. If it's real I'd slab it because condition is likely to be less of an issue than authenticity considering its desirability. Theoretically, what would be the best way to sell this card? Does anyone think that the end sale-value would be high enough from commissioning this card to justify the kickback? And how exactly do you ship a gold brick?
PC: Scottie Pippen(active years), Fleer master sets (all inserts/parallels,  base Fleer only),
Bucket Updated  10/21: http://s890.photobucket.com/user/carrollm09/library/ (extremely outdated, who even uses photobucket anymore?!)

(12-06-2014, 06:36 PM)carrollm09 Wrote: It's pretty crazy. I've busted the hell out of some 90s wax hoping for a pull like this...

There's a lot of hate/questions, but I think a lot of it is coming from trolls with nothing better to do. If it's real I'd slab it because condition is likely to be less of an issue than authenticity considering its desirability. Theoretically, what would be the best way to sell this card? Does anyone think that the end sale-value would be high enough from commissioning this card to justify the kickback? And how exactly do you ship a gold brick?
he sent to psa, using whatever their fastest option is. he said hes getting it back on weds.

(12-06-2014, 08:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he sent to psa, using whatever their fastest option is. he said hes getting it back on weds.
I saw it was taken down off eBay, presumably so he could send it in to be slabbed
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

I wonder how'd they know to spot the fakes? They are so uncommon, but I guess they can go off the reds.

(12-07-2014, 05:08 PM)evo89x Wrote: I wonder how'd they know to spot the fakes? They are so uncommon, but I guess they can go off the reds.
They can compare to other players cards from the same set as well. They should have notes on what the card thickness and dimensions should be and should check the actual printing style as well.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Way back in the day, a guy somewhere in like Oklahoma or Kansas or something bought 2 packs of 97-98 flair and pulled one of the MJ 1/1 masterpieces. Two packs? That's like an 8 dollar investment and I believe he made $10k on the card even back in 1998.

I just want one high-dollar iconic MJ from the 90s. I'll scrap and save and get one of them eventually, but even if I had 75K lying around I wouldn't buy one card with it. Crazy!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(12-07-2014, 07:45 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I just want one high-dollar iconic MJ from the 90s. I'll scrap and save and get one of them eventually, but even if I had 75K lying around I wouldn't buy one card with it. Crazy!

+1
I couldn't logically make sense of buying a really high dollar modern insert. Maybe a vintage card like a mantle rc but I still probably couldn't pull the trigger.

Plus, one thing that makes this hobby so great is saving up, maybe selling a few items and avoiding ebay until you get enough money to get that card you've always wanted. I've always wondered if I had a ton of money, would I still collect? It's almost like what's the point if you can just run out and buy ANYTHING at any time?

(12-08-2014, 01:41 AM)altz11 Wrote: I've always wondered if I had a ton of money, would I still collect? It's almost like what's the point if you can just run out and buy ANYTHING at any time?
There is always the fun of the hunt. When money isn't an issue any more you can literally try to get 1 of every card or collect some of the really nice rare stuff out there that is just much harder to find.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-06-2014, 03:52 PM)hgyt Wrote: you could buy a good house in Detroit for 70k
Heck...you could by DETROIT for 70k...
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/