`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the chances? 2 boxes of 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus

RE: What are the chances? 2 boxes of 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus
(12-07-2014, 01:48 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Well, if you get dupes, trips or quads of some other players, keep in I'm mind for a quick easy trade Smile
Ok, are you trying for some sort of master set?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(12-08-2014, 01:17 AM)djohn Wrote: Ok, are you trying for some sort of master set?
Nah, not really, just figure more variety vs. cornering the market on these 3 players Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-08-2014, 01:20 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nah, not really, just figure more variety vs. cornering the market on these 3 players Smile
I'll let you know when I open them. I got them for $14.95 a box and saw they are still under $20 at $19.95 a box, so I am debating about picking up 1 or 2 more in my next order. They are definitely fun boxes to open. I may settle for some more 2008 Tristar Projections High# Series boxes though, as they are also fun and have Kershaw autos. So it really comes down to whether I want to try for more Kershaw or Posey.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Somebody needs to give Jay Austin a coloring book so he can practice staying within the lines!

(12-08-2014, 05:27 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Somebody needs to give Jay Austin a coloring book so he can practice staying within the lines!
LOL
Yeah, my thoughts exactly ... At least you can say he was consistent! Consistently bad.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Ouch sorry
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

LOL. That would piss me off. Sorry about that unless those are guys you collect, then congrats!

(12-12-2014, 06:03 PM)petercopp Wrote: LOL. That would piss me off. Sorry about that unless those are guys you collect, then congrats!
Murphy's Law of baseball cards Smile
That sorta thing NEVER happens with a PC player. It'll ALWAYS be with someone you don't collect, or nobody cares about! (Except for the forum member who pulled multiple Topps Chrome Update Pujols Gold... very rarely happens)

dude i feel ya i bought a hobby box of 2013 topps magic football which has 3 autos, all 3 were same scrub not drafted player. what are the friggin odds!!
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(12-22-2014, 02:48 AM)rybowski97 Wrote: dude i feel ya i bought a hobby box of 2013 topps magic football which has 3 autos, all 3 were same scrub not drafted player. what are the friggin odds!!
Wow! Unbelievable! I guess Topps & Tristar have the same collation program?
It really is disheartening and discourages me from buying hobby boxes ... The only thing worse would be expired redemptions.
I just bought 2 boxes of Topps (&Chrome exclusive) update ... The 4 packs were virtually the same except for 2 cards. Nice collation, folks @ Topps!