`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When it rains it pours....wife lost her job selling collection.

When it rains it pours....wife lost her job selling collection.
My wife was the GM of a hotel here on the ocean in Maine, and just got fired this afternoon. I'm freaking out just a bit, so I'm selling a lot of my collection. Mostly baseball and basketball, but here are the hockey cards. Thanks for any help guys, and for taking the time to read this even if you aren't interested in any of these.

RNH Young Guns Canvas BGS 8 $55 shipped
Leon Draisitil 14/15 YG Canvas $22 shipped
Ryan Getzlaf/Bobby Ryan dual BAP Auto $18 shipped
Sidney Crosby 08/09 UD big game hunters sp $13 shipped

I'll find some more tonight but that's all I can think of off the top of my head

[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

RE: When it rains it pours....wife lost her job selling collection.
I am sorry to hear about the tough go, Jon. It is always difficult when an income is lost, but please keep your head up and give her a hand when you can to get things back on track. Managerial positions come up pretty easily. Please make sure to get the cards marked For Sale in your Org. with the price.

Randi

(12-04-2014, 07:49 PM)rayeates Wrote: I am sorry to hear about the tough go, Jon. It is always difficult when an income is lost, but please keep your head up and give her a hand when you can to get things back on track. Managerial positions come up pretty easily. Please make sure to get the cards marked For Sale in your Org. with the price.

Randi
Thanks Randi. It's up and if it wasn't right around the holidays it wouldn't be as big a deal to me. Need to finish Christmas shopping for our 3 year old also.
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

And a sour and bitter eggnog to any individual who fires an employee 3 weeks before Christmas !!!! Wishing you a happy ending to a sad event, if life were fair your wifes' next just job should be even more fulfilling then the last. Positive thoughts to you and yours ....
..... deleger22@hotmail.com

Any Ultimate Memorabilia cards or Brett Hull?

why would a General Manager of a hotel get "fired" in December ?... in December ?... Is this hotel a national chain that was sold and the new owners want to bring in their own management ?...it's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't believe this stuff can happen... in December ?...jeez, where's the christmas spirit ?...only thing I can think of as to why this happened is because your wife was probably supposed to fire a subordinate. But because your wife has a heart and wouldn't do it, she loses her job ?... politics...

(12-08-2014, 02:35 AM)jbmmadman2795680 Wrote: why would a General Manager of a hotel get "fired" in December ?... in December ?... Is this hotel a national chain that was sold and the new owners want to bring in their own management ?...it's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't believe this stuff can happen... in December ?...jeez, where's the christmas spirit ?...only thing I can think of as to why this happened is because your wife was probably supposed to fire a subordinate. But because your wife has a heart and wouldn't do it, she loses her job ?... politics...
We had a huge storm on the night before thanksgiving, and they lost power and about $20,000 worth of revenue on top of the fact the hotel wasn't as busy as it had been in years past, so who does it fall on? Yup the GM. We found out today that the new GM starts on huge 15th, so they've had this lined up for awhile. She is better for it.

(12-08-2014, 04:25 PM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: She is better for it.
I am very glad to read this!

Randi

RE: When it rains it pours....wife lost her job selling collection. *UPDATED*
(12-08-2014, 07:50 PM)rayeates Wrote: I am very glad to read this!

Randi
Well, after months of not finding anything, and interview after interview, SHE FINALLY LANDED A JOB! She starts Mid-May Smile I will slowly start buying more. I haven't even stopped it to the local LCS in about 4 months. Thanks for everyones help.