`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catchers rookie pc additions

Catchers rookie pc additions
Here's the start of my catchers rookie card pc. I will update this post as I get them.

[Image: IMG_0001_zps4728697d.jpg]

How lucky for me that Ramos is on a card with Raines rookie..
[Image: IMG_0002_zps436cea37.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0003_zps47ac867d-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0004_zps1c614ca5.jpg]

Not sure if I want to stick with graded especially with current players. Also, most of the cards will be basicly commons unless they're a star. Thoughts??

I have a few rookies incoming including 1971 Topps Thurman Munson PSA 7, 1968 Topps Manny Sanguillen PSA7, and 1973 Topps Steve Yeager PSA 8 that I'll post when I get them. Any ideas or suggestions with this pc are highly appreciated.

Thanks for looking.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Catchers rookie pc additions
Are you going for one card per catcher, or multiple Rcs from multiple companies? I would assume with the staggering number of players available to you to collect you would go only one. I am not a graded person to begin with, but I would do this as a raw project, just because of the sheer staggering number of players that could fit into this collection. Feel free to check me for any you want.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(12-02-2014, 02:30 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Are you going for one card per catcher, or multiple Rcs from multiple companies? I would assume with the staggering number of players available to you to collect you would go only one. I am not a graded person to begin with, but I would do this as a raw project, just because of the sheer staggering number of players that could fit into this collection. Feel free to check me for any you want.
If there's an RC by their name I hoping to collect it. Don't think I'm doing OPC though.

Believe me, its really not that many cards. It's a lot of different players yes, but it will be a lot less cards than collecting all the Phillies (which I use to collect) for the whole year. There's just not that many rookie cards that come out for catchers each year. Figure Buster Posey has 13 rookie cards for 2010. That's 1/2 of the Phillies base cards for the regular Topps set in 2010 not counting inserts, parallels, etc and that's just one set for Phillies. Now if I was collecting all catchers cards I would go insane but rookie and prospect cards seem to be doable. If I get caught up I may do all base but one thing at a time.

I'm still up in the air about graded. Being that I'm not good at figuring out a condition for a card, especially vintage, I may do graded up to a certain year and raw after that. Maybe go on price also. Still trying to work this one out.

Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

I would stick with ungraded, especially for the unknown players and most modern cards. I might try to get the vintage stars as graded, but I wouldn't get too caught up on the grading.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I would only pick the best 5 or the best 10 to grade..otherwise leave em raw.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.