Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Seen This Error Before? - Chipper Jones

Has Anyone Seen This Error Before? - Chipper Jones
Hi all,

First post to the Beckett forums, though I've been collecting for years. I've been going through my cards cataloging everything and ran across the attached card.

The card is a 1998 Pinnacle Plus NAT base card of Chipper Jones. It should be numbered 187. However, flipping to the back of the card shows Dbacks pitcher Brian Anderson and card number 144.

Does anyone else have this card? I've searched a couple of places (Beckett, BaseballCardPedia, Trading Card Database) but can't find anywhere that references it. I also don't see any on eBay. Any guesses as to the rarity and/or value of the error?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any insight that can be provided.

Zach

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: V1KvZmi.png]

Interested in all Chipper Jones cards and Braves/other interesting autos. Looking to land as many 2014 High Tek #d parallels of Chipper Jones as well! I appreciate all offers.

Thanks to jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: Has Anyone Seen This Error Before? - Chipper Jones
It is a misprint and likely only to have value to a player collector.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

Yup. It's a defective card also known as a "wrong back". Not an error. Not valuable.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Thanks for the responses! Glad to have a unique card in my collection, even if it's not valuable.

Regards,

Zach
[Image: V1KvZmi.png]

Interested in all Chipper Jones cards and Braves/other interesting autos. Looking to land as many 2014 High Tek #d parallels of Chipper Jones as well! I appreciate all offers.

Thanks to jbel4331 for the banner!

Yeah like the others said its a flawed card, wrong back or misprint it was more common in the late 80s early 90s
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s