`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pull of a Lifetime - Maris Cut Sig 1/1

Pull of a Lifetime - Maris Cut Sig 1/1
It's been a while (about 5 years) since I bought any boxes of cards but when I saw the line-up of cut signatures in 2013 Pride of the Pinstripe and 2014 Leaf Famous Fabrics Ink Big Apple Baseball, I had to pick up some boxes. Very glad I did. These past 2 weeks I've pulled a 1/1 Pride of the Pinstripe Masterpiece Cut Signature of Benny Bengough, a 7/10 Cut Signature of Burleigh R. Grimes and a 3/10 Cut Signature of Mark Koenig all from 2013 Pride of the Pinstripe. Not too shabby. What I pulled from 3 of the 6 boxes of Leaf's Famous Fabrics Ink Big Apple Baseball blew my mind. All the Cut Signatures of this product are slabbed by Famous Fabrics Ink in a Beckett Grading Service like encasement without the penny sleeve for holding and protection. I pulled a 1/1 Bernie Williams Cut Signature, a 1/1 World Champions Cut Signature of Ed Lopat and The Pull - A 1/1 M.V.P. Cut Signature of Yankees Legend Roger Maris, signed "Very Truly Yours...Roger Maris"

I also pulled 4 gems from 2011 Panini/Donruss Limited Cuts. A 1/14 Cut of Early Wynn, a 2/10 Cut of Davy Jones, a Johnny Mize Cut #'d to 49 and Rick Ferrell Cut #'d to 49. Going to shop around the Maris and a few others but most will likely go on ebay. Still completely shocked at these pulls and I've actually been dealing with a 6.7 MM kidney stone this past week. The joy and pain of life.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Pull of a Lifetime - Maris Cut Sig 1/1
That Maris is super sweet! I know the pleasure of opening a pack and pulling THAT card would at least negate the pain of a toothache. Never had to deal with Kidney Stones, but heard they're worse than childbirth, which I never personally experienced, either .... So hopefully it at least helps to moderate things a bit Smile. Feel better and congrats on the best pull reported here since the Babe Ruth cut sig was reported a year or two ago! Totally awesome and thanks for posting the pics ... I just salivated on my ipad Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-27-2014, 10:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That Maris is super sweet! I know the pleasure of opening a pack and pulling THAT card would at least negate the pain of a toothache. Never had to deal with Kidney Stones, but heard they're worse than childbirth, which I never personally experienced, either .... So hopefully it at least helps to moderate things a bit Smile. Feel better and congrats on the best pull reported here since the Babe Ruth cut sig was reported a year or two ago! Totally awesome and thanks for posting the pics ... I just salivated on my ipad Smile
I believe the euphoria did negate the pain for a bit. Thank you for both the get well and the congrats. You're very welcome for the pic, it's the least I could do after pulling it.

I'm not a big fan of cut products but I have to admit that your Maris is quite cool.
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

I have pride of the pinstripe Curtis Pride cut 1/2. Im wondering where's the second one!!

Nice pull on Maris! what are you going to do with it?

(11-28-2014, 01:51 PM)SirGabel Wrote: I have pride of the pinstripe Curtis Pride cut 1/2. Im wondering where's the second one!!

Nice pull on Maris! what are you going to do with it?
I'll probably shop it around and make people aware of it then I'll sell it.

Very nice!

That Maris is a pull of a lifetime!

I had a kidney stone once....felt like I was shot, good luck!!!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)