`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2014 Valor: Hobby VS Retail

2014 Valor: Hobby VS Retail
Anyone know how to tell the difference between these?
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

RE: 2014 Valor: Hobby VS Retail
No clue...the hobby and blaster boxes look and feel the exact same.

(11-16-2014, 05:46 PM)savagenate Wrote: No clue...the hobby and blaster boxes look and feel the exact same.
Yeah I noticed that too. Been looking at pics on ebay and other places and none of the cards look different at all.

Might be a thickness issue, ie "thin" vs "thinner" but I don't know for sure. It's also possible that there is no difference.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I was kinda thinking another error in the database. Valor was there and then all of a sudden the retail listings were there too. I've bought the retail packs and seen some hobby breaks and they all look the same. Never thought about the thickness issue, I'll have to try and research that.

Lol, if it's thickness, it's miniscule...I can't feel or see any difference. I mark mine all as hobby. If someone wants to dispute a hair in thickness, too bad lol. I think it's an error as well.

I just looked it up, and it says that it is a difference in smoke, thickness, color on the card.
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

Ok I originally bought the Aaron Donald base rookie when only retail was out and just bought another one pulled from a hobby pack and....... I can't see any difference. So now I'm lost too
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

(11-18-2014, 03:37 AM)apisano Wrote: Ok I originally bought the Aaron Donald base rookie when only retail was out and just bought another one pulled from a hobby pack and....... I can't see any difference. So now I'm lost too
One of the issues maybe that the first run in the special retail mix boxes had hobby packs too. so I think it may get confusing.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Well, they also had Prime this year listed as Retail base and Hobby base, and there is no difference between those this year. Not sure, though, as I've got different packs and such of retail Valor and bought some that were called "hobby" as singles and I can't really see any differences between them.