`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Do I have a 1/1 Michael Jordan card?

RE: Do I have a 1/1 Michael Jordan card?
I'm sure someone could do some digging and find that the holder of the card is probably involved with some of the shady Jordan manipulators. Just a gut feeling.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Trust me, I am not a Jordan manipulator, I pulled this card with this serial number from a pack and shared this thread with my neigbor and my local card shop owner who both witnessed the pull back when I was a freshman in high school, my card is 100% legit. However I am shocked to once again see another original card I pulled copied again with the same exact serial number and in this case, weirdly enough same short cutting of the card. This is so unreal and the reason why I left the hibby after I went to college.

I bought a gorgeous 1998 SPx Finite Home Run Hysteria Ken Griffey #HR1 serial 18/62 at a card shop only to find the same card with same sn in another collectors possession as well, someone had a fake. Then when I was on summer break and on vacation in Arizona, I went to another card show and purchased a beautiful glittery 1997 Flair Showcase Legacy Collection Row 0 Cal Ripken sn 50/100 and found out a few months later that once again, another guy had the same card with same sn. I was disgusted and ad didnt know if I had fakes or real highend inserts. I was spending hundreds and as a high school student with 2 jobs to support my card habit, I couldnt take it any longer and put money into stocks instead of cards...

Now that I own 2 self sufficient businesses, I wanted to get back into the hobby that I once loved so much and then this happens again.. As for your advice, I have written it off as damaged card and will buy the next one I see on ebay, and since I have almost every 90s insert of MJ, I will now be chasing MJ autos, for the next year, my plans are to pick up 1 per week...Thank you everyone for your input and I will be starting to post more often, and if you live wherr it is cold, make sure you buy your loved ones a remote car starter for Christmas, that is what I do for a living.

Thank you for your response lowsyplayer, but just so you know as you start to collect more inserts/autos it is your responsibility to educate yourself as it is your money. For instance, there is a webpage dedicated to the 97-98 finest card you have posted detailing the things to look for comparing the sheet-cut with added serial number versus pack pulled cards shown below. So whether it is the 1996 spx auto or the 97-98 big men in court ZPEAT you have to know what is real and fake, not Beckett, PSA or anyone else. Good luck with your collecting goals.

http://www.michaeljordanmarket.com/2013/...-289-scam/
 photo mjheader.jpg

Any how, I see 2 of these on ebay and I will be bidding on one of them and if I sleep through the auction or if I miss it, I will just pay the $550 for the buy it now card, no worries and 100% I know that those cards are real because they are graded.

I owned that card at one time, bought it off eBay probably 2 years ago. I obtained a real version with peel that is being graded right now with peel as we speak by psa

So I have a question. I have the Jordan fleer rookie and it has a little tiny yellow ink spot on the right edge of the card. It's definitely from the factory. The rest of the card is mint. What do you think this spot will do to the value??

(08-22-2015, 12:28 AM)kperry437 Wrote: So I have a question. I have the Jordan fleer rookie and it has a little tiny yellow ink spot on the right edge of the card. It's definitely from the factory. The rest of the card is mint. What do you think this spot will do to the value??
Post a picture of the card!

(08-22-2015, 12:28 AM)kperry437 Wrote: So I have a question. I have the Jordan fleer rookie and it has a little tiny yellow ink spot on the right edge of the card. It's definitely from the factory. The rest of the card is mint. What do you think this spot will do to the value??
it hurts the value, quite a bit. it will nail your surface grade. it is a printing flaw

To answer your question for collecting purposes, "No."
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

PSA may also return your card but if the look at the card right and rate it correctly that it was not altered (by the texture of the edges) then they may give you a qualifier: "PSA 9 MC" which is a mint rating but was mis-cut.
Upperdeck Diamond Club member
Member of Beckett's board since 2003
[Image: 8cfcaeb5.jpg]