`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
300 Mil for Stanton?!

RE: 300 Mil for Stanton?!
Yea, there's obviously red flags with Stanton now, especially injuries and his ability to play 150 games a year, but prior to taking one in the face is was arguably the best player in the NL this year. There is something to the 3 $100 mil guys thing, but at this point $100 mil gets you someone like Annibal Sanchez, Choo, or Sandoval. The numbers seem huge, but rarely do you get a chance to lock up someone as young as Stanton. There's arguments that are valid on either side, but I guess at the end of the day someone is paying him that kind of money.

As for Trout, yea, he took waaaaaay too little on his last contract, but he was also much further away from free agency and traded some dollars for a shorter contract.

Before Stanton got drilled, he had played in every single game this season. Not saying that's gonna happen every year, but it was one of his main goals to be an everyday, durable player.

When someone finds a cure for cancer, she won't get 1/300 of that in recognition with a Nobel prize or the company she works for. That's where America's priorities are.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-14-2014, 04:28 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Before Stanton got drilled, he had played in every single game this season. Not saying that's gonna happen every year, but it was one of his main goals to be an everyday, durable player.
And as a fantasy owner who stuck with him through all the pulled hammys and such I loved it! I really hope he can put that kind of stuff behind him because players like him bring out the best in baseball.

(11-14-2014, 06:08 PM)jonathani Wrote: When someone finds a cure for cancer, she won't get 1/300 of that in recognition with a Nobel prize or the company she works for. That's where America's priorities are.
Im pretty sure the pharmaceutical companies are doing ok.

(11-14-2014, 06:08 PM)jonathani Wrote: When someone finds a cure for cancer, she won't get 1/300 of that in recognition with a Nobel prize or the company she works for. That's where America's priorities are.
Says the person posting on a card collecting website?

(11-14-2014, 08:05 PM)cubswinagain Wrote: Says the person with posting on a card collecting website?
That was the exact comment I was going to leave.

(11-13-2014, 08:24 PM)Odyssey Wrote: He ain't worth it period... I'm not taking anything anyway from him because he's a great player BUT no one man is worth it. To further prove my argument, heres a fairly up to date article to back my claim. Don't get me wrong, there we're some good results from 100 Mil+ contracts but the bad out weigh the good and if he doesn't pan out it will ruin the Marlins.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18809...00-million
BTW, this is the article that got my gears grinding. I'm hoping it's just talk from someone is Stanton's corner to get the Marlins scared of how much they are going to end up paying him in hopes to get him traded. In the end, I think he will get $265 Mil somewhere but it won't be the Marlins signing that check IMO.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/118717...n-contract
To me, this is just a thinly veiled ploy to drive up Stanton's trade value. It makes the Marlins look like they tried as hard as possible to sign their star player to the biggest contract in history, but in the end receive a bunch of cheap top young talent from the Dodgers or Cubs. End of story.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-15-2014, 12:45 PM)uvaspina Wrote: To me, this is just a thinly veiled ploy to drive up Stanton's trade value. It makes the Marlins look like they tried as hard as possible to sign their star player to the biggest contract in history, but in the end receive a bunch of cheap top young talent from the Dodgers or Cubs. End of story.
Maybe I'm just gullible, but supposedly the Marlins are so insistent that they aren't trading Stanton that other teams have even stopped calling about it. My guess is this contract gets done at something like $300/10 and he ends up getting traded in a year or 3.