`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with my Superfractor?

RE: What to do with my Superfractor?
(11-15-2014, 07:50 PM)giants1957 Wrote: start it at $.99....it will guarantee hit the $500 range

is that card oversized ( 4 x 6 ) ?
Nope, its just a normal sized card.

If you're pressed for cash, dump it. If you don't need the bucks immediately, hold it. Trout's value isn't dropping anytime soon. If he keeps putting up the numbers, and keeps up his image, you're looking at a huge $ amount later instead of a good $ amount now. In one year, my regular Topps Trout RC from update went from up $$$$ to $$$$$$ .... A 50% increase ... Who knows where it goes after the MVP award. Or if he goes triple crown next year, of a WS MVP the following year. Or everything could go the opposite way, God forbid any career ending injuries.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

see if you cant trade it for a '09 Bowman Trout AU!
[Image: 7db6ddbe-4e75-4625-8f14-5860d44374c4_zps9a6a43ee.png]

Sell it now. If it was a rookie year superfractor then I would say hold it. However it's a relatively new product and he just won MVP. You could wait, but new stuff will come out and non-rookie year cards tend to stagnate in value even if it is a 1/1. Sure if he wins some more MVPs or a World Series the card could go up, but I wouldn't want to risk it considering I wouldn't expect the price increase to be that much (after all it is a 1/1).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I agree with the others. Unless you're attached to it, sell it now while it's hot!
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile