`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average
Dealing with members with zero posts or by TRADE MESSAGE

RE: Dealing with members with zero posts or by TRADE MESSAGE
Have the person reply to a post or start one before trading. Too many bad trades from members with ZERO posts.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

It happened again, Make the trader post in the forum. 90% of bad trades happen from repeat offenders and they use the PM or trade messaging system to get you. I think I may have had 2 people over the last year ask about a trader BEFORE MAILING out if he was on the bad trader list.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

I am yet anther older trader that is just getting back into trading total newbie dealing with forum posts but anyway...
I have a question. When I first subscribed to beckett to trade cards way back when the main reason why I paid the high subscription fee was it stated that your trades were guaranteed and that if you were ripped off Beckett themselves would inform local authorities to deal with the theft. So that was a lie? I honestly thought the cost was so high because you were paying for the insurance of trading. so what am I paying for? So this was a fraudulent statement?
I feel like a sucker.
Looking for Habs/ Expos

(09-26-2018, 10:53 AM)derekdbwoody Wrote: I am yet anther older trader that is just getting back into trading total newbie dealing with forum posts but anyway...
I have a question. When I first subscribed to beckett to trade cards way back when the main reason why I paid the high subscription fee was it stated that your trades were guaranteed and that if you were ripped off Beckett themselves would inform local authorities to deal with the theft. So that was a lie? I honestly thought the cost was so high because you were paying for the insurance of trading. so what am I paying for? So this was a fraudulent statement?
I feel like a sucker.
I don't recall Beckett ever saying that. You are paying for the proprietary information that Beckett has collected and the systems they have put in place. USPS and local police would be your responsibility to contact (or the FBI as mail fraud is a federal offense).

However, don't be discouraged by some people's bad experiences. I've made over 350 trades on here and only one went bad. But that one was eventually made right by the other member. I know my profile puts me at 349 trades, but I've made several through PM's with members I completely trust.

There are a bunch of excellent and completely trustworthy members on this site. You just need to know who you are dealing with at all times. That's the point of the Trade and Feedback features. Feedback lets you know who all that person has dealt with and how things went. The trade feature gives you proof of an accepted trade (as well as personal info of the other member - name and address).

CONNECTICUT

**Domatt23 (Clinton, CT) owes Pyus_13, ringers1993 (sent), sends damaged cards
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(05-28-2018, 08:47 AM)floydtown Wrote: It happened again, Make the trader post in the forum. 90% of bad trades happen from repeat offenders and they use the PM or trade messaging system to get you. I think I may have had 2 people over the last year ask about a trader BEFORE MAILING out if he was on the bad trader list.
Are these the same people that send money to the Prince in Algeria so that he can bring a bunch of cash to America??!

I just don't think there is any amount of warning that can help the (gulp) naive or ignorant.

It would be great if beckett could make it so that when I add someone to my "Ignore" list in my control panel that they would then be unable to send me trade requests. Any idea if this is something being worked on?

Another one with zero posts and not replying to PMs

kenreed please answer, you have a MSF tag now
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Another one, zero posts
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

floydtown Wrote:Although there are reputable members who only trade by PM, the trade system messages and/or have zero posts, they are the minority. Please do your due diligence when trading with members who use the above.....I have seen a huge uptick in bad trades where members have zero posts or get a trade offer. A lot of these are banned members who create 2nd accounts and never post so they will not be discovered or sometimes are able to trade but not post. At the very least search that member to see if BANNED is under their username.

Search that username and see if they have a MSF or even a banned tag. To be safe, once again I will be more than happy to check addresses against known bad traders for you....just PM me the info.

I want to assure you that we are closing the loophole that has been allowing banned members to continue to trade thru organize and PM thru trades when neccessary. Some times I may open that feature after a ban if the member is assuring me he will make good on trades. That way he can access the invoices and communicate with those he needs to.

I need you to do your part in helping to cut down on bad trades by checking out who you are trading with, checking for banned or MSF

This is still happening and members are getting ripped off in a lot of cases. Please check the looking for thread and run an address by me first when dealing with new members.
What about someone who just joined? What if those people have low post counts? Are you going to accuse in the bad trade bunch? Some people just read the board and don't post. Are you going to encourage others to not trade with people like that?