`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.38 Average
Dealing with members with zero posts or by TRADE MESSAGE

RE: Dealing with members with zero posts or by TRADE MESSAGE
Someone just reported a banned member so keep up the due diligence.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

and another one got ripped off by message only.....PLEASE PLEASE start checking the looking for these members thread to at a minimum check the city/state.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(02-11-2014, 12:01 PM)floydtown Wrote: and another one got ripped off by message only.....PLEASE PLEASE start checking the looking for these members thread to at a minimum check the city/state.
The one from Ringgold, GA was moving to either North or South Dakota so be aware if someone shows up and wants to trade from that area.

thanks
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Members with zero posts are still ripping off members guys......PLEASE check the looking for these members list to check city/state. The latest was for $445 in cards. DO NOT TRADE WITH FALCONSTITANSFAN
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

Not a new member.....on the boards for 5 years from 2001 to 2006. Voted into the Beckett Hall of Frame and now an outstanding member of The Bench for the last 8 years. Best regards, David

I have the same issue as toaowoody mentioned in his post above. I used to trade all through the 90's into the early 2000's, then got out of the hobby for about 10 years and now I'm easing my way back into collecting again. I had over 150 trades and had all of my transactions listed at the bottom of my old Beckett's page...now everything is gone. It's like I never existed!!! I've seen a few names from the old days I still recognize, but now, it's like I'm a "leper" and everyone is afraid of me. I want to assure everyone that I'm reputable and an honest trader. My Ebay i.d. is the same as my Beckett i.d.: rack85
I look forward to working some trades with you all. Thanks for the chance to rant...

Alan...

P.S. Hello Bob (Floyd)! Remember me??? :o) Fellow Dolphins (Marino and Csonka) collector! Also collected Manning as well, but now I'm mainly collecting Kris Bryant and select Cubs/Reds autos. It's nice to be back after a 12 year hiatus! :o)
ALWAYS looking for graded/raw ROOKIE YEAR Bowman AUTO'S/RC's/COLOR of NICK SENZEL

(12-06-2013, 08:56 PM)floydtown Wrote: Although there are reputable members who only trade by PM, the trade system messages and/or have zero posts, they are the minority. Please do your due diligence when trading with members who use the above.....I have seen a huge uptick in bad trades where members have zero posts or get a trade offer. A lot of these are banned members who create 2nd accounts and never post so they will not be discovered or sometimes are able to trade but not post. At the very least search that member to see if BANNED is under their username.

Search that username and see if they have a MSF or even a banned tag. To be safe, once again I will be more than happy to check addresses against known bad traders for you....just PM me the info.

I want to assure you that we are closing the loophole that has been allowing banned members to continue to trade thru organize and PM thru trades when neccessary. Some times I may open that feature after a ban if the member is assuring me he will make good on trades. That way he can access the invoices and communicate with those he needs to.

I need you to do your part in helping to cut down on bad trades by checking out who you are trading with, checking for banned or MSF

This is still happening and members are getting ripped off in a lot of cases. Please check the looking for thread and run an address by me first when dealing with new members.
Hi I just recently came back on after a couple of years off. How do I mark cards for trade in my org plz help.

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

(09-10-2016, 01:17 PM)bman12 Wrote: Hi I just recently came back on after a couple of years off. How do I mark cards for trade in my org plz help.
Just plug in a 1 or whatever qty you have for trade in the Trade Away box.
That should allow the card(s) to show up in the Trade area.

I messaged moderator but is there a way to get old account back if I was a member 10 years ago and I only have my user name and I do remember my old password but that is it? Any help would be great. Thanks