`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should I break it open?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
6 66.67%
No
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
To break or not to break?

To break or not to break?
Well the time has come that one of my favorite chaser cards has found its way home in "top" shape yet I think I may want to go a different route with it! lol

2006 SPx SPxclusives Autographs #EXBU Reggie Bush/10 PSA 10
[Image: o03wvk4jx450.jpg]

What I mean is this is a PSA 10 but i really like that BGS casing and also believe its more of an "elite" grading! So do you think I should break it open and submit it to BGS or just leave it as is?
So i'm asking everyones opinion, good or bad! Tongue
Thanks for the help!!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

RE: To break or not to break?
I vote yes, but I also vote to send it to Beckett and have them break it open...Hopefully they have ways that are less intrusive than us lay persons lol

(11-08-2014, 04:36 PM)savagenate Wrote: I vote yes, but I also vote to send it to Beckett and have them break it open...Hopefully they have ways that are less intrusive than us lay persons lol
Oh? I heard that they didn't break them open, they do that? Then I'm definitely submitting then! :p
Wants:
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1

I thought they did...It was an extra charge, but on my last submission I thought there was an option for it.

They do. And if they determine their grade is going to be lower than the current grade they will simply leave it as is and charge you the grading fee. So at worst you are out the fees but still have a high grade card; at best you get it back in the case you want with the grade you want. Double check Beckett's grading FAQ page first, but I'm pretty sure this info is correct.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

Thanks for the help folks!
Wants:

(11-08-2014, 07:24 PM)jephthah1 Wrote: They do. And if they determine their grade is going to be lower than the current grade they will simply leave it as is and charge you the grading fee. So at worst you are out the fees but still have a high grade card; at best you get it back in the case you want with the grade you want. Double check Beckett's grading FAQ page first, but I'm pretty sure this info is correct.
This may be a stupid question but does that mean PSA can make their determination while the card is encased? I'd just hate to see that awesome grade get knocked down-beautiful card by the way!
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

(11-09-2014, 02:56 PM)footbal Wrote: This may be a stupid question but does that mean PSA can make their determination while the card is encased? I'd just hate to see that awesome grade get knocked down-beautiful card by the way!
An unasked question is the only stupid question to me. Tongue But do you mean BGS? And thanks for stopping by!
Wants:

(11-09-2014, 02:56 PM)footbal Wrote: This may be a stupid question but does that mean PSA can make their determination while the card is encased? I'd just hate to see that awesome grade get knocked down-beautiful card by the way!
Yes. But they state the following...

"On occasion, a flaw may be completely hidden by the existing holder, and once cracked out, the card cannot be crossed. This is exceedingly rare, however, and BGS will not grade or remove a card from the submitted case unless we are reasonably confident that the card will reach the minimum grade you have requested." ~Beckett's Grading FAQ page
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

(11-13-2014, 05:47 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: Yes. But they state the following...

"On occasion, a flaw may be completely hidden by the existing holder, and once cracked out, the card cannot be crossed. This is exceedingly rare, however, and BGS will not grade or remove a card from the submitted case unless we are reasonably confident that the card will reach the minimum grade you have requested." ~Beckett's Grading FAQ page
Thanks brotha!Tongue
Wants: