`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great day today! Got to meet the star of 'The Steal'...PIC

Great day today! Got to meet the star of 'The Steal'...PIC
That's what we refer to it as in New England Smile. The Portland Sea Dogs had there annual yard sale today and they had special guest Dave Roberts signing free autographs. Of course I had to go and bring my daughter since my wife was at work. H was the nicest guy I've got to meet. He asked my daughter her name, how old she was and even told her to be careful when he gave her ball back to her so she wouldn't smudge his autograph. I got a bat signed and the SI in hone picture is for my wife's grandfather as a surprise. Thanks for looking!

[Image: imagejpg1_zps6af33522.jpg]
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

RE: Great day today! Got to meet the star of 'The Steal'...PIC
Brings back bad memories for a yankees fan like me but that's really cool!
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Very cool indeed. Always good to bring a cute little girl along with you! (I have 3...LOL) That will be a great suprise for your wifes grandfather. Thanks for sharing.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I have no earthly idea who this guy is, but it must have been a real special day for you and your daughter.

And I'm not trying to be a smart butt, but I have to know what this sentence means "and the SI in hone picture is for my wife's grandfather as a surprise."
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(11-01-2014, 01:51 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: And I'm not trying to be a smart butt, but I have to know what this sentence means "and the SI in hone picture is for my wife's grandfather as a surprise."
SI= Sports Illustrated. I assumed hone picture = phone picture or the one he posted.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(11-01-2014, 02:13 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: SI= Sports Illustrated. I assumed hone picture = phone picture or the one he posted.
Thanks. Yeah, I was referring to the "hone" picture.

(11-01-2014, 03:00 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Thanks. Yeah, I was referring to the "hone" picture.
My bad I didn't notice the typo. I'm using my Ipad and it was supposed to say "the picture", not sure how 'hone' came out of that. If you aren't sure of who he is go to. Youtube and type in 'Dave roberts steal' and it will have some clips of it. The Red Sox were down 3-0 and 4-3 in that game and about to be swept out of the ALCS. Roberts was a pinch runner, and if he had been called out on the steal, chances are the Red Sox don't make the historic comeback and win there first title in 86 years. It still gives me goosebumps watching it.
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(11-01-2014, 04:35 PM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: My bad I didn't notice the typo. I'm using my Ipad and it was supposed to say "the picture", not sure how 'hone' came out of that. If you aren't sure of who he is go to. Youtube and type in 'Dave roberts steal' and it will have some clips of it. The Red Sox were down 3-0 and 4-3 in that game and about to be swept out of the ALCS. Roberts was a pinch runner, and if he had been called out on the steal, chances are the Red Sox don't make the historic comeback and win their first title in 86 years. It still gives me goosebumps watching it.
Oh, Ok. Thanks.

Awesome! Congrats. I remember that steal too. And you're right. If he'd been called out? Ooooooooo. That could've turned out very bad for us Red Sox fans.

Nice sig, by the way.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html