`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeter sp rookie cards to grade or not to grade your thoughts please

Jeter sp rookie cards to grade or not to grade your thoughts please
I question this everyday with the insurance fee, shipping fees plus card fees it will probably run me an additional 300 bucks to get my 9 cards graded and I know that most of them probably aren't even close to being graded an 8 so I ask for help on this one why do you get your cards graded?

RE: Jeter sp rookie cards to grade or not to grade your thoughts please
1. get in with a group submission. cuts the cost way down
2. cards are graded for a couple different reasons
a. hoping for a high grade to resell
b. for protection, to make sure the quality of the card remains the same throughout it's existence

(10-31-2014, 08:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: 1. get in with a group submission. cuts the cost way down
2. cards are graded for a couple different reasons
a. hoping for a high grade to resell
b. for protection, to make sure the quality of the card remains the same throughout it's existence
Thanks for the insight I should probly send all of them out. I like you have a Ted Williams signature too.

(10-31-2014, 08:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: a. hoping for a high grade to resell
I agree with Josh, and would add
c. To certify that a card and/or a card's autograph are legitimate. (Counterfeit -reprint)
d. To verify that a card has not been altered to falsely increase it's value. (trimming-color retouch)

I see the benefits of grading, although I don't do it, but I buy with more confidence when they are graded.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I agree with this, too. Especially on the preservation part. And even more on a condition sensitive set like this. Even if your intention is to keep them for your PC where grades are less likely to matter. And if you decide to send them in and can't get in a group submission, you can always send them in a couple at a time to spread the cost out.
Kepler

I would not grade if they are low grade examples. penny sleeve, top loader and the team bag will keep it in good shape in everything except a flood.
Looking for autos of these players as well as established stars and superstars.
[Image: bannerwork.jpg]

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/tdog677...te=replace