`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very first Jordan rookie, what will it grade?

Very first Jordan rookie, what will it grade?
Haven't made a post in a quite some time and I figured now would be as good of time as any. This is my first mail day type post and first time posting a scan of one of my cards.
I recently bought a low-grade 86-87 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie which is my first mj rookie card. Hope the scan works.

I know it's a low end card but just curious, what do you think it will grade?
I should have said this before posting but the bottom right and top left corners are faded and have white showing, the specs and marks are all from scanner. The card does have a very minor printing line towards the bottom of the card running horizontal which I doubt anyone can even see in this scan.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Very first Jordan rookie, what will it grade?
Congrats on the MJ Rookie. This is the first time I've seen someone call this a low end card.
If this is your low end I'd love to see the rest of your collection. Wink

I think the card would grade between a BGS 6 and 7.

(10-30-2014, 03:49 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Congrats on the MJ Rookie. This is the first time I've seen someone call this a low end card.

Sonic,
Thanks for the reply.
I meant it's low-end because of the grade, but the card is iconic in any grade.
I hope you're right on the grade of it, I was thinking a lot lower like maybe a 4 or 5 at best because of the white corners and horrible centering. But I really don't even care about what grade it gets, I'm just happy to finally own this card!
Hopefully I will send it in sometime soon and will update the thread when I do.

Sweet card to own either way. I would say 4 - 5
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(10-30-2014, 03:49 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Congrats on the MJ Rookie. This is the first time I've seen someone call this a low end card.

I'd say six, and congratulations!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I'd say centering 7
Edges 8
Surface 4
Corners 7

4.5 grade IMO
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Vegas just sent the line out on this card..Over/under is 5, get your bets in. Over 5 (-105) Under 5 (-115)..Post a pic of the grade when you get it, if I was a betting man, I would pick the under, wait a minute, I am a betting man, to me the card looks like it is in rough shape, obviously off centered, corners rough, surfacing not too great, the back of the card exposes the jagged edge on the bottom of the card, but hey, still a treasure, my guess is a 4, the line was sent like that because of responses of 4-5, 6 and even a 7 so vegas was right on with this as half of the money would be placed on either side....Anyways congrats on the card.

lowsyplayer,
Thanks for the response.
I agree, the card is in very rough shape, but I still think all Jordan rookies should be graded or at least encapsulated/authenticated. I agree with your grading, I think the card will fall somewhere between a 4 and 5.
The card is currently at Beckett as we speak, and I will post the grade along with some other scans of Jordan inserts as soon as I get them back in about a month.