`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing like finding a box I haven't looked through in years and finding this gem!

Nothing like finding a box I haven't looked through in years and finding this gem!
So I found a box with a bunch of "old" prospects in it. I figured I would list a bunch for trade to get rid of some of it.
Came across this beauty and was so happy. Looked up the price and was elated. My first thought was too bad I didn't have the refractor but I moved from that quickly.
2006 Bowman Sterling Prospects #CK Clayton Kershaw AU A
 photo 49C2B605-2B4A-4A89-B33F-1CDED316B2BC_zpsokjbmgss.jpg

Also found this and was happy with it as well...
2006 Bowman Sterling Prospects Refractors #AG Alex Gordon AU
 photo 6F25DE0A-6B48-4F44-B3A9-BEF8879851A6_zpsimnfc3gy.jpg

Flipped to the next card and lo and behold...the refractor!!! I know I can't post BVs but lets just say its more than $399.
2006 Bowman Sterling Prospects Refractors #CK Clayton Kershaw AU
 photo 4ECD323F-0D26-468E-9A44-758F37FDA020_zpsh19kvhwz.jpg

Guess I need to go dig up some more old boxes!!!
Colleting all Topps Cubs cards from the main set and Traded/Update
Main Set - 1415/1672 84.6%
Years Completed - 51, 76-94, 96, 99, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09, 12
Traded/Update - 90/234 38.4%

RE: Nothing like finding a box I haven't looked through in years and finding this gem!
Wow! That's crazy how that can happen! You don't even know what you're sitting on! Congrats!!
[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Nothing like finding a box I haven't looked through in years and finding this gem!
Why are we not suppose to post book values? These guys print the magazines.

I know years ago we couldn't because you had to pay for the info. Not sure if that rule is still in effect.
Colleting all Topps Cubs cards from the main set and Traded/Update
Main Set - 1415/1672 84.6%
Years Completed - 51, 76-94, 96, 99, 00, 04, 06, 07, 09, 12
Traded/Update - 90/234 38.4%

Oh yeah. That makes sense. I forgot you had to pay only if you wanted to trade or an online price guide.

I guess that's the fun with buying prospect products. Wait 6-8 years and you might be sitting on some forgotten gems! Congrats on a great 'box break' Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Anybody look up his 2008 topps update. Wow mine went from 2.50 to well I can't say but pretty happy wish I had the foil and gold to go along with it.
This is the reason I hold onto prospects for 10 years. Great find
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Nice find. that is the reason I search on some boxes every year, just in case.

I did the same thing the other day! Found a box of random stuff that I had put away and lo and behold............BOOM! A 20 ct. lot of former Twins prospect Erik Lis!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I wasn't quite as excited as you were I bet! http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smi...iggrin.gif

In all seriousness......NICE FINDS!

Happy Collecting!

Mark