`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value n/a, not listed and some other random stuff

Value n/a, not listed and some other random stuff
So I wanted to share some cards with you that don't go along with what I usually PC.

As it says in the title with one of cards the value is n/a in beckett. That's the case with this Carmelo Summit 1/5 one.
[Image: IMG_1064_zpse759c08c.jpg]

The not listed one is actually a 2001-02 Fleer Focus Trading Places. But as you can see mine is hand numbered 13/13
[Image: IMG_1056_zps3b6c4b21.jpg]

And then in a more random note.
Panini Father's Day Cracked Ice (out of /25 if I'm not mistaken)
[Image: IMG_1058_zps102d26d1.jpg]

An UD Game Floor
[Image: IMG_1060_zps82754852.jpg]

This one in honor of that Kendall Marshall thread I really admire.
[Image: IMG_1062_zps7706ad59.jpg]

And a Kyle Lowry cause I kinda like his game and this thread is turning so random than why not?
[Image: IMG_1054_zpsccd328c0.jpg]

RE: Value n/a, not listed and some other random stuff
nice looking cards!

I'm a bit suspicious of that Kidd that's hand numbered. Never seen a card like that and everything about that card looks exactly like any other that isn't hand numbered. My guess is someone just wrote that on there.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(10-27-2014, 09:31 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: nice looking cards!

I'm a bit suspicious of that Kidd that's hand numbered. Never seen a card like that and everything about that card looks exactly like any other that isn't hand numbered. My guess is someone just wrote that on there.
I know that's a huge possibility. The other possibility is that it's a weird buyback.
But i thought about it and in either case I like the card as it is. Also, It was pretty cheap and I don't plan to sell it unless someone actually asks me for it (which is unlikely). So if it's for real great, if not it stays with me.

(10-27-2014, 09:31 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote: nice looking cards!

BINGO.....absolutely fake....

that is a basic trading places jersey ...i have a few from that set and other than the vince carter with a print run of 50 , they are not numbered ...

there is a parallel version called trading places jersey patches that are numbered to 50 but 3 HUGE differences make them very easy to distinguish from the basic version : 1) they have the word PATCH instead of JERSEY by both swatches on the front , 2) they have the word PATCH instead of JERSEY under the card number in the top left corner on the back , and 3) the serial number is machine-stamped in the bottom right corner on the back.....

i may be mistaken , but i am pretty sure it was done by the same e-bay seller who hand-numbered a bunch of goal line gear cards from 2001 fleer authority football....he had plenty and it was pretty obvious he was doing it himself .....one of my primary players had 3 cards in the set - a jersey , pants , and hat...the hat was the scarce one with a print run off 100....first the seller listed and sold a copy hand-numbered 1/7....the following week he had 2/7....the next week came 3/7 ....by the time he listed number 4/7 the next week i'd had enough and wrote him about it.....his insisted that he pulled them (yeah , the odds of one person pulling all those ultra-low serially numbered items of virtually every player in the set) so they had to be real , but either e-bay or the seller did suddenly end all the hand-numbered he had left listed .....

I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner

(10-28-2014, 01:16 AM)cmcjr99 Wrote: BINGO.....absolutely fake....

that is a basic trading places jersey ...i have a few from that set and other than the vince carter with a print run of 50 , they are not numbered ...

there is a parallel version called trading places jersey patches that are numbered to 50 but 3 HUGE differences make them very easy to distinguish from the basic version : 1) they have the word PATCH instead of JERSEY by both swatches on the front , 2) they have the word PATCH instead of JERSEY under the card number in the top left corner on the back , and 3) the serial number is machine-stamped in the bottom right corner on the back.....

i may be mistaken , but i am pretty sure it was done by the same e-bay seller who hand-numbered a bunch of goal line gear cards from 2001 fleer authority football....he had plenty and it was pretty obvious he was doing it himself .....one of my primary players had 3 cards in the set - a jersey , pants , and hat...the hat was the scarce one with a print run off 100....first the seller listed and sold a copy hand-numbered 1/7....the following week he had 2/7....the next week came 3/7 ....by the time he listed number 4/7 the next week i'd had enough and wrote him about it.....his insisted that he pulled them (yeah , the odds of one person pulling all those ultra-low serially numbered items of virtually every player in the set) so they had to be real , but either e-bay or the seller did suddenly end all the hand-numbered he had left listed .....
Well it was a possibility. I still plan to keep it. More so now, if it stays with me no one else will buy it thinking is something that is not.
I know some people destroy them. But I feel bad about completely destroying a card, even if altered.
About the seller I can't remember exactly who I bought it from. I Do remember I bought it along with some other stuff. But I would have to investigate that.

Actually I think this card is legit. I believe it is http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2004-0...13-3379904

Does the Kidd card have the embossed Fleer/Skybox stamp?

(10-29-2014, 09:06 PM)sonic311 Wrote: Does the Kidd card have the embossed Fleer/Skybox stamp?
Ok I went back to check the card. I could spot what it looks like a very lightly made stamp. Not sure if it's the embossed Fleer Stamp you were asking about.
Let me know what you think.

[Image: KIDDFLEERSEAL_zpsf498a40c.jpg]
(10-28-2014, 10:43 PM)akaus Wrote: Actually I think this card is legit. I believe it is http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2004-0...13-3379904
And thank you akaus for this link/information.
I wonder how beckett would label it if I send it for grading.

I think he is right. I have a bunch of Karl Malones that are just like this. The stamp is the key.

2004-05 SkyBox Premium Buybacks #148 Jason Kidd/01-2FocusTradPlace/13

agreed..... the stamp is the key....i'd looked and looked at your original scans and for the life of me could not see any trace of it.....although it is very feint , your new pic does show it and although there have been known forgeries over the years i can accept this as being legit....
I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner