`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to have some old school fun? Free break 1993 Topps (ended ... Pics)

RE: Who wants to have some old school fun? Free break 1993 Topps (ended ... Pics)
(10-29-2014, 05:59 PM)Odyssey Wrote: Awesome break here Doc and thank you again for putting this on and letting people get in on the fun! I'll be sending you a message to get your info so I can pay for postage.
My pleasure. Here are your cards from the break ... Happy to say, you've got some Biggio cards coming your way Smile
Astros
[Image: null_zpscb328c07.jpg]
Mariners ... Nice bunch of Randy Johnson cards, and you may have cornered the market on Harold Reynolds cards Smile
[Image: null_zps5b0a406b.jpg]

(10-29-2014, 06:19 PM)redskins316 Wrote: Very cool. Just let me know how much shipping will be. Seems like a fun break
I'll try to highlight the other breaks when I swing by the office tomorrow.
I will get some small boxes and get a better idea of the exact shipping tomorrow.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Who wants to have some old school fun? Free break 1993 Topps (ended ... Pics)
Awesome DrM...thanks for the "fun break". Just let me know postage (or hold them for a hostage exchange!) Happy Halloween to you and your girls? Going out? I can't eat choc. candy because of a heart condition....but I miss it real bad!!!!! We are set to terrorize the village! Have fun........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-31-2014, 12:55 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome DrM...thanks for the "fun break". Just let me know postage (or hold them for a hostage exchange!) Happy Halloween to you and your girls? Going out? I can't eat choc. candy because of a heart condition....but I miss it real bad!!!!! We are set to terrorize the village! Have fun........
The girls are out scrounging for goodies, as we speak. I'm on candy duty at the house. It's a very 'mild' Halloween this year. Not too many people showed up here or at the office...
Sorry to hear about the heart condition that prevents you eating chocolate, but chocolates overrated, IMO! Baseball cards are better treats .... Here are yours from the break!

Phillies :
[Image: null_zps0f5d764f.jpg]
Oakland : you kicked butt with the Gold variants!
[Image: null_zps6fc6057e.jpg]

I'll probably get them out in a few more days ... I had some car trouble today and couldn't do much.
Remember how phenomenal Todd Van Poppel was predicted to be??? What ever happened to TVP? Injury?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'll probably get them out in a few more days ... I had some car trouble today and couldn't do much.
Remember how phenomenal Todd Van Poppel was predicted to be??? What ever happened to TVP? Injury?
[/quote]

Awesome! TVP didn't use underarm deoderent.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Man, there is some nostalgia in this break, Doc.

Is it just me or does it look like Topps loaded up some of the Rockies and Marlins prospects and took them to Glamour Shots to get their pictures taken? They kind of have that senior picture feel to them.

The three Russians on the one card is pretty cool though.

Hands down, the Rich Ireland in the Canadian tuxedo is the best of the bunch.
Kepler

(11-05-2014, 12:52 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Man, there is some nostalgia in this break, Doc.
Is it just me or does it look like Topps loaded up some of the Rockies and Marlins prospects and took them to Glamour Shots to get their pictures taken? They kind of have that senior picture feel to them.
The three Russians on the one card is pretty cool though.
Hands down, the Rich Ireland in the Canadian tuxedo is the best of the bunch.
LOL -'Glamour Shots' -Ha!

I don't remember the timing of it, nor was I collecting at the time .... But 2 things come to mind
1) The ratio of Marlins & Rockies to the other cards in Series 2 was like 1:2 a huge stack compared to the rest of the teams
2) Topps must have been in quite the rush to get these Rockies and Marlins card photographed and printed ... They took pictures of EVERYONE!!!
Here are your cards ... You struck Chili Davis gold!
[Image: null_zps1c9ec2d9.jpg]

Update ... I just bought card boxes for shipping, so PM me your addresses ... I'll be getting my butt to the PO Friday ... If possible Wink

I managed to get 2 boxes of cards out ... Odyssey's and Dub24rollin
USPS Tracking # 9505521200314317000365
USPS Tracking # 9505521200314317000372

Thanks Doc! PM your Paypal info and I'll send out the money.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

Chili Davis Gold! In 1993, my mom would always buy me a pack of 93 Topps at the local gas station whenever she stopped. Can't believe how long ago that was. I was only 10, but it feels like yesterday.