`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Seriously Panini???

Seriously Panini???
Okay, so I got one of the Panini rewards cards and went to their site and saw a card I liked for the point value and went to get it and was told that it would be $4 to ship. So basically, Panini in their "collector friendly" move away from redemptions no longer pays to ship the cards that they failed to have ready to go in the boxes. Even worse, most of the cards they have available now at the lower levels are older National Treasures sticker autographs of guys who sometimes never even played in an actual NFL game - which means that they are basically $5 box fodder at your local card shop.

So basically, to get anything from Panini's failure to deliver a hit, at the lower levels you have to pay as much as the card is probably worth just to get it shipped.

I was pretty close to being done with Panini products due to them simply not delivering any sort of value at all from their boxes, but this is just about the last straw.

This is by far the most cynical thing I've ever seen from a card company. Its bad enough that I bought a hobby box of R&S that had zero numbered hits.

The only good thing about this is that it guarantees that I will save a lot of money on boxes once Topps NFL license expires.

RE: Seriously Panini???
That's why I only buy the Panini singles I need, I never buy a box of anything except my favorite topps products. Panini burnt me on their redemptions and your right, that is unsatisfactory.

(10-19-2014, 03:37 PM)micorps Wrote: That's why I only buy the Panini singles I need, I never buy a box of anything except my favorite topps products. Panini burnt me on their redemptions and your right, that is unsatisfactory.
Me too, mostly stick to UD now. Have had a great experience every time I have dealt with them.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Wow, that's absurd!!

(10-19-2014, 03:22 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: The only good thing about this is that it guarantees that I will save a lot of money on boxes once Topps NFL license expires.
+1

I went on about a week ago to redeem my rewards points and was horrified by this as well. I grudgingly redeemed my points and paid the extortion demand - but that pretty much closed the book on further Panini products in the future.
The fact that Topps is losing their NFL license is the icing on the cake. I wonder what I'll spend all the money I'll be saving on packs and boxes on? Probably singles, but that's kind of anticlimactic. It'll certainly be a HUGE money saver - my wife will be happy at least.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(10-20-2014, 10:12 AM)bselje Wrote: I went on about a week ago to redeem my rewards points and was horrified by this as well. I grudgingly redeemed my points and paid the extortion demand - but that pretty much closed the book on further Panini products in the future.
The fact that Topps is losing their NFL license is the icing on the cake. I wonder what I'll spend all the money I'll be saving on packs and boxes on? Probably singles, but that's kind of anticlimactic. It'll certainly be a HUGE money saver - my wife will be happy at least.
I guess that also explains why Panini after switching to the "rewards" system no longer lists what their boxes contain - that way, people cannot complain that they failed to deliver promised content when people get the "rewards points" rather than the promised autograph cards. When I saw that, I found it to be shady and it made me wary of buying anything from them - I had no idea how shady it really was.

I'm going to go ahead and pay the $4 to get the card I want even though its probably only a $5 card (at least that is what I'd be willing to pay without having to think about if it was worth getting for the card in person)- I don't really have much choice in the matter since the only other choice is to try to get more "rewards points" by buying more of their products.

And definitely, my wife is also going to be happy about me not buying boxes of football cards any more once Topps losing the license.

(10-20-2014, 10:12 AM)bselje Wrote: I went on about a week ago to redeem my rewards points and was horrified by this as well. I grudgingly redeemed my points and paid the extortion demand - but that pretty much closed the book on further Panini products in the future.
+1 Looks like I will be able to spend more in my other hobbies since my collecting will slowly drindle to nothing. My guess is alot of other people that open boxes will feel the same way, as a result less singles will pop up also to purchase, which will result in more people bidding on those cards. All in all it will be bad for me just buying singles.

I am really surprised to hear that they are charging for shipping. I know some of the original redemption cards from the 90s you had to mail in and include a check or money order for shipping. However those redemption cards were nowhere near as prevalent as modern ones and typically the ones you had to pay S&H for were redemptions for sets and not just single cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-20-2014, 12:18 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I guess that also explains why Panini after switching to the "rewards" system no longer lists what their boxes contain - that way, people cannot complain that they failed to deliver promised content when people get the "rewards points" rather than the promised autograph cards. When I saw that, I found it to be shady and it made me wary of buying anything from them - I had no idea how shady it really was.

I'm going to go ahead and pay the $4 to get the card I want even though its probably only a $5 card (at least that is what I'd be willing to pay without having to think about if it was worth getting for the card in person)- I don't really have much choice in the matter since the only other choice is to try to get more "rewards points" by buying more of their products.

And definitely, my wife is also going to be happy about me not buying boxes of football cards any more once Topps losing the license.
I also chose to pay their extortion demand as well - but with a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that was the last $4 Panini would ever see from me. I've already uninstalled the Rewards app from my phone.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]