`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signed Clayton Kershaw card

RE: Signed Clayton Kershaw card
I waited almost 3 years for a 2010 Bowman sterling Strasberg auto (I pulled 2 and got them quick) the 3rd to 3 years and one day in the mail I got the Allen Ginter mini 2010 red auto in replace for my redemtion. So the answer to your question I can safely say somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 years.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I was waiting on a Kershaw patch auto /10 for a year and a quarter and just called to get it replaced, as they had no plans to get it done it seems. If you ask and it's a higher end card like that they'll usually work with you to find something comparable.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I would wait. Kershaw isn't a rookie, he's a bonafide star player that will more than likely be around as a headliner for the Dodgers, a large market city. His value isn't going to drop anytime soon. He will sign eventually.
I waited a little over a year for a Matt Kemp / Andre Ethier book auto, 2+ years for a Ty Cobb relic. Usually Topps comes through. And they no longer (according to them) automatically replace cards. After 15 weeks you can ask for a replacement and they will usually help you get something of equal value of someone you like. They're better than they were a few years ago. Not perfect, just better Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-17-2014, 06:55 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I would wait. Kershaw isn't a rookie, he's a bonafide star player that will more than likely be around as a headliner for the Dodgers, a large market city. His value isn't going to drop anytime soon. He will sign eventually.
I waited a little over a year for a Matt Kemp / Andre Ethier book auto, 2+ years for a Ty Cobb relic. Usually Topps comes through. And they no longer (according to them) automatically replace cards. After 15 weeks you can ask for a replacement and they will usually help you get something of equal value of someone you like. They're better than they were a few years ago. Not perfect, just better Smile
Was that Kemp/Ethier book five star? I had one too. Mine came in extremely damaged. I got a replacement and it came in with the exact same damage. I got mad and gave it to my older brother.

(10-17-2014, 05:11 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Was that Kemp/Ethier book five star? I had one too. Mine came in extremely damaged. I got a replacement and it came in with the exact same damage. I got mad and gave it to my older brother.
Yep! 5 Star auto booklet. Mine had a very minor upper right dinged corner on the Ethier side of the booklet. Figured that was the price you pay for on-card autos.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That damage was the same as my two I received. The first was absolutely crushed. The second wasnt much better. I had been assigned a Topps executive to deal directly with because of a bunch of ongoing issues. My main distributer called them and said I was going to jump ship to panini. So I got an actual executives number to call and he was suppose to smooth everything over. After getting the second one in and the customer support saying I couldnt get a replacement card, I brought it up in conversation with the exec. He admitted that when those cards were made, they were all loosely packaged together and boxed for transport. Someone in the factory had ended up dropping a shipping crate on the box damaging all 10 cards in the exact same spot as the booklets were all folded and placed in the box back to back unprotected.

(10-18-2014, 06:15 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: That damage was the same as my two I received. The first was absolutely crushed. The second wasnt much better. I had been assigned a Topps executive to deal directly with because of a bunch of ongoing issues. My main distributer called them and said I was going to jump ship to panini. So I got an actual executives number to call and he was suppose to smooth everything over. After getting the second one in and the customer support saying I couldnt get a replacement card, I brought it up in conversation with the exec. He admitted that when those cards were made, they were all loosely packaged together and boxed for transport. Someone in the factory had ended up dropping a shipping crate on the box damaging all 10 cards in the exact same spot as the booklets were all folded and placed in the box back to back unprotected.
Wow, I guess mine was the least damaged, because its so slightly dinged ... I figured it was a cutting machine damage that was so prevalent on 5 Star that year.
That's a real card horror story. What puzzles me, why did they even ship it to you?
Now knowing what I know .... I guess I should take a crayon and correct the serial number on my card by lowering the number by at least 2 Smile

I asked why they would ship it knowing the cards were damaged. While he was pretty forthcoming on a lot if other topics, he didnt have an answer for that one. I showed him photos of my 2 cards and he said I was right, they should have never been shipped. Best guess: Since the redemption took so long to get Topps was hoping that we would be happy that we got anything at all and not fuss over it.