Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting excited and anxious
Tongue 
Getting excited and anxious
So some may know I am newly out the Army and transitioned to California. My things were supposed to arrive September 29, and now I finally have been able to make headway and why my stuff is yet to be delivered, Due to not having a full crate from Hawaii, ( second shipment) only my shoes, Cards, xbox and clothes they decided to repack and make a smaller crate for my shipment..... Super sketchy!!!!! I watched them pack, label, seal, and signed the seals, and not once was I told about repacking anything, the movers knew what I was shipping maybe not exactly the cards but knew what it was, My Jordan shoe collection SMH so nervous about the status and condition of everything!!!! Arrives Monday the 20th and I'll be back to trading ASAP looking for my GIANTS on their way to 3 in 5!!!!!!!

RE: Getting excited and anxious
Good luck! Hope all your stuff shows up soon ... And unmolested by snoopie/unscrupulous movers.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

That does sound sketchy. As far as I know, once they seal up the crates they are not supposed to open them until they reach there destination. I've PCS'd a few times before and once it's sealed that's it until it arrives. Don't sign any paperwork until you verify everything is there. I'll ask my friend in transportation if they are supposed to do that and if so are you supposed to be present for that.
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

I would be wary of damage and loss.. Repacks usually only occur when things (crates, boxes, etc.) are damaged beyond being useful in keeping the things inside from falling out. Like Animie67 said, check everything in that repacked delivery.

No one tells the truth in transportation, dispatchers are bad...call centers are the worst, they really have no idea whats going on with shipments other then tracking and just make things up to appease the customer.

I was in the industry for 20 years, small package, LTL and TL. Load carriers are notorious for being flat out liars. It's always everyone else's fault..never theirs.

(10-14-2014, 10:29 AM)dimarco73 Wrote: I would be wary of damage and loss.. Repacks usually only occur when things (crates, boxes, etc.) are damaged beyond being useful in keeping the things inside from falling out. Like Animie67 said, check everything in that repacked delivery.

No one tells the truth in transportation, dispatchers are bad...call centers are the worst, they really have no idea whats going on with shipments other then tracking and just make things up to appease the customer.

I was in the industry for 20 years, small package, LTL and TL. Load carriers are notorious for being flat out liars. It's always everyone else's fault..never theirs.
I have a friend that works at Army transportation. He will give me the low down on whether or not the shipping company that packed up his stuff is authorized to do this. If not then definitely inventory the stuff, probably contact Army SJA/transportation back in Hawaii and let them know about this.
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Hope everything arrives okay!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

Thanks for the advice and well wishes, luckily I work for family so taking off to accept shipment and go through my boxes won't be a problem.

Talked to my friend at transportation. If the Army transportation office did not get permission from you to open those crates then they were not authorized to do so. They have to get permission to do that, then have an Army transportation inspector there to re-inventory the contents (so nothing comes up missing), re-seal the crate with new sealing labels attached. Send you a new inventory sheet with those sealing label numbers on them. If you have stuff missing you will need to lodge a complaint against the shipping company. Contact the nearest Army transportation office to find out (just in case) what you need to do in case stuff is missing.

(10-14-2014, 10:21 PM)animie67 Wrote: Talked to my friend at transportation. If the Army transportation office did not get permission from you to open those crates then they were not authorized to do so. They have to get permission to do that, then have an Army transportation inspector there to re-inventory the contents (so nothing comes up missing), re-seal the crate with new sealing labels attached. Send you a new inventory sheet with those sealing label numbers on them. If you have stuff missing you will need to lodge a complaint against the shipping company. Contact the nearest Army transportation office to find out (just in case) what you need to do in case stuff is missing.
I knew they weren't allowed to do that, way too sketchy to be true plus was my 4th time going through trans, it was just shady beings that it was my ETS move and the movers knew that, which makes me think they thought they could possibly pull one over on me since I'll be out the Army. Luckily for me I live in Monterey Bay which has the Language Institute and a trans office within a few minutes drive from my house. Thanks for the info for following up with any loss or damage and the facts on resealing my goods.

I had a PCS from Bolling AFB (Wash DC) to here at Tyndall AFB where my living room wall unit went from one solid piece when it was packed to three separate, beat all to heck pieces when it arrived. The three pieces arrived in three separate containers as it was "re-packed" at an interim stop. To safeguard my collection, I would either box it up and take it with me or box it up and label it dishes or something else fragile in hopes it would receive more careful handling. Hope for the best outcome for you!
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1