`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Williams Auto

Ted Williams Auto
Anyone here ever seen the early to mid 90's autos from Ted Williams in upperdeck?? Ive found a few listings on ebay and they are priced considerably cheaper than some of his other autos. They are numbered /2500 which I get that it is a lot but they are on card and have the hand numbering as well.
Just looking for thoughts. Ive got a nice check coming from my fantasy baseball league and Im looking to add a few tough cards to my RedSox HOF project.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

RE: Ted Williams Auto
There are plenty of fakes of the early 90s Upper Deck Heroes autos from several players. That is one reason that they are much cheaper. If I wanted one I would get an authenticated one. They are easy to fake too, since Upper Deck used the same card as the base card and just had the player autograph the card and add a serial number. If you are set on buying one that isn't authenticated then do some research on how the player signed the card and how the serial numbering was done. It's easy to compare authenticated ones to the one you are considering to buy. I have seen some fakes where the serial numbering is missing or the serial numbering is in a different spot on the card, and some where the handwriting for the serial number is completely different.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Ted Williams Auto
There was one floating around here for sale or trade for a while. Faded but good. Think bgt had it and traded it
no org, please do not send trade requests