`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Factory Replacement Cards. What are they worth?

Factory Replacement Cards. What are they worth?
I have seen quite a few Factory Replacement Cards on Ebay and noticed that some go for very little and others go for alot.

Personally, I don't go after many of these. I do like to go after the ones that represent a lower print run or a card I really like the design of.

Does anyone know how many replacements are produced for 1/1 cards?

I have been offered a replacement card of a 1/1, and I'm not real sure if I want to pay much for it. But if I knew only 1 replacement was made, I may be more likely to offer a higher price. Opinions are helpful and welcome.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

RE: Factory Replacement Cards. What are they worth?
I didn't think they made replacements for that low of cards. I thought they usually send something "comparable" in value. I've never done it though, so I don't really know much.

(10-12-2014, 10:22 PM)savagenate Wrote: I didn't think they made replacements for that low of cards. I thought they usually send something "comparable" in value. I've never done it though, so I don't really know much.
That's what I thought, but I guess they do. I received scans of the cards front and back. It is a 1998 Metal Precious metal GEM MASTERS. It has all the purple refracting mirror design, etc. Very nice looking card and one of my favorite looking 1/1 cards, but it's a replacement, so it has me torn on the price.

Maybe it's a proof card or something?

Could be a proof, but it's more likely that it was intended as a possible replacement that was never needed, then it "walked" out with an employee. I have a bunch of 98-99 UD stuff that was pilfered by a former employee. IMO they're worth a fair amount when the card in question is supposed to be die cut or something like that, but isn't. That said, most are worth about 1/20th of the real card if that. Case in point is the 98 Odyssey hologolds. There are a TON of the replacement cards out there thanks to bankruptcy, but only 100 / 50 / 30 / 20 of the actual cards that were distributed. Thankfully, I bought them ALL pre bankruptcy because they're VHTF now.
The absolute WORST scenario is when a replacement card has no distinguishing differences from the released card and a ton hit the market after bankruptcy. I know there are better examples, but the 1997 Revolution Silks come to mind. There are actually way more of the non-folded silks (replacements) than the folded ones that were put out in 97.
In your case I think 1/1's are MUCH, MUCH less valuable. I actually had a Steve Young 98 Score 1/1 that someone ELSE also had.... both numbered, both legit. Go figure.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(10-13-2014, 06:28 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: Could be a proof, but it's more likely that it was intended as a possible replacement that was never needed, then it "walked" out with an employee. I have a bunch of 98-99 UD stuff that was pilfered by a former employee. IMO they're worth a fair amount when the card in question is supposed to be die cut or something like that, but isn't. That said, most are worth about 1/20th of the real card if that. Case in point is the 98 Odyssey hologolds. There are a TON of the replacement cards out there thanks to bankruptcy, but only 100 / 50 / 30 / 20 of the actual cards that were distributed. Thankfully, I bought them ALL pre bankruptcy because they're VHTF now.
The absolute WORST scenario is when a replacement card has no distinguishing differences from the released card and a ton hit the market after bankruptcy. I know there are better examples, but the 1997 Revolution Silks come to mind. There are actually way more of the non-folded silks (replacements) than the folded ones that were put out in 97.
In your case I think 1/1's are MUCH, MUCH less valuable. I actually had a Steve Young 98 Score 1/1 that someone ELSE also had.... both numbered, both legit. Go figure.
Yeah, I heard of the 1998 Score ones being (not 1/1's) That's one of the few Napoleon Kaufman 1/1's I have as well. I also have a 1998 Pro Line X-Tra Effort Perfect Cut Brett Favre 1/1 that I was told not a 1/1 either.

That's strange that a company would even have a replacement for a 1/1 card.

I agree...if there are replacements, then technically, we aren't getting 1/1s, which means we are getting ripped off lol

There's an Edgerrin SPx Spectrum that was intended as a replacement (I believe) on the auction site listed for a grand or so. The non-replacement is a 1/1... I'm curious how many replacements were made. I want it, but it's WAY more than I'd pay for the stamped 1/1, let alone the non-numbered version.

** side note, sorry to hijack ** I was at a show this weekend and saw a 1995 Classic NFL Rookies Die Cuts Silver Signatures #18 Kaufman, picked it up in case you need it- lmk!
[Image: th_1995-Classic-Draft-1-Rd-Pick-Napolean...9d80b0.png][Image: th_1995-Classic-Draft-1-Rd-Pick-Napolean...ba8987.png]

(10-13-2014, 05:06 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: There's an Edgerrin SPx Spectrum that was intended as a replacement (I believe) on the auction site listed for a grand or so. The non-replacement is a 1/1... I'm curious how many replacements were made. I want it, but it's WAY more than I'd pay for the stamped 1/1, let alone the non-numbered version.

** side note, sorry to hijack ** I was at a show this weekend and saw a 1995 Classic NFL Rookies Die Cuts Silver Signatures #18 Kaufman, picked it up in case you need it- lmk!
[Image: th_1995-Classic-Draft-1-Rd-Pick-Napolean...9d80b0.png][Image: th_1995-Classic-Draft-1-Rd-Pick-Napolean...ba8987.png]
Cool. I'll take it. I have a few of those, but will definitely take it off your hands. Thanks for picking it up and looking out for me. You can check me. I have a Jim Harbaugh Litho-Proof #ed/360 that has same book value.

No problem! Wouldn't have felt right just leaving it. Thanks for the Harbaugh offer!