`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS Question, Need help - WOW, just got a little better!
Question 
USPS Question, Need help - WOW, just got a little better!
I've never had this happen to me before. About 2 weeks ago I purchased something from EBay and the delivery confirmation says delivered, but I didn't receive. Just looked at a trade with a fellow Beckett trader and same thing! I know that their are some Postal savvy members on here and wanted to know your opinions and what I can do about this.

Thank you,
Rob

UPDATE:Neighbor just brought over the envelope from the trade! Love it when I meet honest people! Have my trade but still missing my EBay purchase.

RE: USPS Question, Need help
This happened to me 1 time out of the 500+ items I've received through USPS. I contacted my local post office and the driver said he delivered it where he always does. Either he screwed up or somebody stole it. I was told there was nothing they could do about it since it was confirmed "delivered" when I called the main USPS support. Only thing I was told to do was contact the seller to see if they might refund me. I did not think that was right being it had nothing to do with them and everything to do with USPS. All in all it has happened once in 500+ deliveries and I chalked it up to you win some and lose some. I will never know what happened or where my package is but I don't have much of a choice in the matter.
(10-10-2014, 06:29 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: This happened to me 1 time out of the 500+ items I've received through USPS. I contacted my local post office and the driver said he delivered it where he always does. Either he screwed up or somebody stole it. I was told there was nothing they could do about it since it was confirmed "delivered" when I called the main USPS support. Only thing I was told to do was contact the seller to see if they might refund me. I did not think that was right being it had nothing to do with them and everything to do with USPS. All in all it has happened once in 500+ deliveries and I chalked it up to you win some and lose some. I will never know what happened or where my package is but I don't have much of a choice in the matter.
The other option I was given that I thought about exercising is having the post office hold all packages for you to pick up yourself. This way it never leaves their possession until you physically pick the item up.
[Image: image.jpg]

(10-10-2014, 06:29 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: This happened to me 1 time out of the 500+ items I've received through USPS. I contacted my local post office and the driver said he delivered it where he always does. Either he screwed up or somebody stole it. I was told there was nothing they could do about it since it was confirmed "delivered" when I called the main USPS support. Only thing I was told to do was contact the seller to see if they might refund me. I did not think that was right being it had nothing to do with them and everything to do with USPS. All in all it has happened once in 500+ deliveries and I chalked it up to you win some and lose some. I will never know what happened or where my package is but I don't have much of a choice in the matter.
This is exactly what I'm afraid of. The thing that sucks for me is the EBay purchase was a 1/1 Pedroia and the trade was for a Trout RC.

(10-10-2014, 06:32 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: This is exactly what I'm afraid of. The thing that sucks for me is the EBay purchase was a 1/1 Pedroia and the trade was for a Trout RC.
I would get in contact with your local mailman just to inquire on what could have happened. I will say that my local post office worked with me for about a week exploring all possible scenarios (accidental wrong address, lost in mail truck, etc.). I currently am renting but will be buying a house at the beginning of next year and I will have security cameras on my mailbox/front door where packages will be left if no one is home.

RE: USPS Question, Need help - WOW, just got a little better!
Whew, glad you got it.....happened to me once on a $400 trade....never got my end but the other person received theirs....post office never did anything about even when I requested an investigation....some postal workers have sticky fingers, there have been numerous stories as of late about it....sad.
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

NICE!! 1 down 1 to go!!!

Unfortunately it happens pretty frequently. People will just drive around and look for boxes/packages on front porches or sticking out of mailboxes and just take them. We take a few reports like that a month or every other month at least. I suggest security cameras to everyone I talk to who call about issues like this. They are so much more affordable than they used to be only a few years ago even.

(10-10-2014, 06:49 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Whew, glad you got it.....happened to me once on a $400 trade....never got my end but the other person received theirs....post office never did anything about even when I requested an investigation....some postal workers have sticky fingers, there have been numerous stories as of late about it....sad.
Thanks man, like I said in our trade, I knew it wasn't you just glad to know I have an honest neighbor.

1 more possibility--- did you actually check with your local PO to make sure they where not holding it for you.
I have had a few that said delivered but when I went to the PO--their it was.
Also, if you had 1 package that was delivered to your neighbor, I would file a complaint with the PO about not delivering to the correct address.

So how much did you pay for the pedroia 1 of 1. If I send anything over 50.00, I sent it so they have to sign for it. Have had a few people mad b/c they had to go to the PO, but at least they got it.

Still waiting for a few of mine from ebay. The USPS tracking says it was process or has departed Chicago over a week ago so it should have arrived here by now. Starting to think someone there has sticky fingers Sad
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP