`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why aren't Derek Jeter autograph cards on any recent product?

RE: Why aren't Derek Jeter autograph cards on any recent product?
(10-28-2014, 08:38 AM)jeantoto Wrote: Panini will get a deal to get exclusive Jeter autos.
The Italian plague follows its slow path to kill the hobby.
¡¡¡¡Wow Great¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Yep, I also heard it was going to be a Panini deal for Jeter as well.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

One thing is for sure: Companies will be trying to sign him this off season. The interest any one of them could attract by having Jeter on card auto's tied in with a nostalgic theme will most likely be a focal point for several years to come.

The reason is he didn't have a contract with Topps and they were the only MLB licensed company. 2009 Upper Deck was his last certified Auto card but from what I have heard he will be signing for Panni. I am sure Topps shot him a low ball offer and he declined as from what I understand from a Jeter collector who buys rare cards and sends them to him and pay $400.00 to be signed. If you are looking for a Jeter Auto I have probably about 40 and I would let one go for the right price but they would be one of the one's from 2000 and on as I mainly collect his 90's cards.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-29-2014, 12:24 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: The reason is he didn't have a contract with Topps and they were the only MLB licensed company. 2009 Upper Deck was his last certified Auto card but from what I have heard he will be signing for Panni. I am sure Topps shot him a low ball offer and he declined as from what I understand from a Jeter collector who buys rare cards and sends them to him and pay $400.00 to be signed. If you are looking for a Jeter Auto I have probably about 40 and I would let one go for the right price but they would be one of the one's from 2000 and on as I mainly collect his 90's cards.
Id be interested in some Jeter auto's. What do you have available?

Maybe he didnt want to sign with anyone? Maybe he got tired of signing cards and dealing with the card companies. Perhaps, it was a personal decision and nothing about contracts or $.
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.