`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ultimate find 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos #40 Derek Jeter

Ultimate find 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos #40 Derek Jeter
I have heard about these and seen a few people showing them off and saying how super rare they are and how they were not supposed to have hit the market but a few made it out. Well an auction ended I was high bidder but the reserve wasn't meet so I shot him an email asking if it was Bronze or Gold looking he told me Bronze so I offered him $70.00 and he accepted it. I did just get it in the mail today and yep it is a Bronze copy. Anyone knows any more info on these cards as I would be interested in finding out more on them. Be on the lookout as I made a huge purchase and completed a Jeter Rainbow I will be showing of next week once it arrives. No it's not the 1996 Mirror Gold but still an awesome pickup.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: Ultimate find 1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promos #40 Derek Jeter
(10-09-2014, 03:19 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I have heard about these and seen a few people showing them off and saying how super rare they are and how they were not supposed to have hit the market but a few made it out. Well an auction ended I was high bidder but the reserve wasn't meet so I shot him an email asking if it was Bronze or Gold looking he told me Bronze so I offered him $70.00 and he accepted it. I did just get it in the mail today and yep it is a Bronze copy. Anyone knows any more info on these cards as I would be interested in finding out more on them. Be on the lookout as I made a huge purchase and completed a Jeter Rainbow I will be showing of next week once it arrives. No it's not the 1996 Mirror Gold but still an awesome pickup.
That is really Amazing, Chris!!

5 Star Worthy for sure!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-09-2014, 03:51 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: That is really Amazing, Chris!!

5 Star Worthy for sure!!
Thanks what's funny I emailed some of the super collectors I know and some wanted to buy it off me others said they have never even heard there was a Bronze copy. I have only seen one other and it was on another one of my post a long time ago and that was a Roger Clemens and I know a will Clark Super collector who was looking for the Bronze copy a long time ago and he was offering quite a bit for it. I figured this was one of those pipe dream cards for me until I saw it. I wish I had more info on this set so I know how rare the card is but my guess seeing I have been looking for years are a very limited amount total.
Here is what a collector told me who knows a lot about these cards. He thinks only 1 or 2 exist and has recorded sales. So I know I got a steal.

That's going to be a very very nice item. Anyone who has a guess on value would be just that, a guess. Because it's been told 1 to 2 copies per player exist. I've seen a few over the years, including my favorite player, and a small handful of others. Jeter has never sold on the open market that I remember. Here are a few sales I tracked: Maddux $280, Canseco $1000, McGwire $1000, Bonds $500 so price will vary a lot from player to player. If I were to guess a number, I'd say 2K plus, but truly a guess. It should be 1 of the top ones in the set. It's that most player collector's know nothing of their origin, their rarity or what is a realistic number to pay. All I can say, you have a great one.

I have both bonds. I believe the bronze were going to be giving to dealers but leaf changed there minds about them and went with the gold instead. Awesome find
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(10-09-2014, 05:16 PM)elberson Wrote: I have both bonds. I believe the bronze were going to be giving to dealers but leaf changed there minds about them and went with the gold instead. Awesome find
Were you the buyer of the Bonds for $500.00 I think $2,000.00 is way to low for the Jeter if there are only 2 made as the person guessed. You know how many people go crazy for these rare Jeter cards. Seeing someone pay $1000.00 for McGwire and Canseco each tells me the Jeter would go well above that. I had my friend ask me if I wanted to sell it and the only way I would let this card go would be for the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Derek Jeter card.

(10-09-2014, 05:48 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Were you the buyer of the Bonds for $500.00 I think $2,000.00 is way to low for the Jeter if there are only 2 made as the person guessed. You know how many people go crazy for these rare Jeter cards. Seeing someone pay $1000.00 for McGwire and Canseco each tells me the Jeter would go well above that. I had my friend ask me if I wanted to sell it and the only way I would let this card go would be for the 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Derek Jeter card.
That seems like a fair trade off. However, IF you didn't know it existed, wouldn't that change your numbering. You know 302 out of 303.

Awesome card, at an even awesomer price! I have never heard of these so just seeing a picture of it is amazing. It is weird to think that cards that nobody knows exist are still out there from a time period when it would seem that everything was documented. Truly a historic find, let us know if you find out any more info
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

And IF soey10 didn't know it existed maybe it's worth WAY more than the '96 Mirror Gold.

I think you should definitely keep it!

(10-09-2014, 06:26 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: That seems like a fair trade off. However, IF you didn't know it existed, wouldn't that change your numbering. You know 302 out of 303.
That's 302 of 303 beckett listed. Honestly I have 6 more I can think off hand I don't count in my numbering the 1993 Topps Blank Back, 1994 Classic Blank Back, 1996 Stadium Club No Foil On Front, 1996 Bowman's Best Cuts Uncut Base, Refractor, and Atomic Refractor. There are probably a few more I would need to look. Then you count this but until it's listed in beckett I don't count it on my list.
(10-09-2014, 06:41 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: And IF soey10 didn't know it existed maybe it's worth WAY more than the '96 Mirror Gold.

I think you should definitely keep it!
Oh I knew about the card just never seen on till now and there are many collectors who don't know about this card I just didn't know the rareity of it till talking to the ebay member who tracks these cards and seeing only a handful on ebay over how many years tells you it's super rare.

Anyone have another like this I would love to get a scan and submit it to beckett to be added to the price guide even know it should say no price due to it being scarce. I have emailed Brian Fisher already to so the set can be added. Most people don't know about this set and the best way people can be aware of it would be to add it to the price guide.